After the Lollilop update on Nexus 4, why isn't anything working?

strawbehry0186

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Lollilop update on Nexus 4 - NOTHING works

I just installed the Lollipop update on my phone yesterday. Phone had been acting funny during it, too. It took longer than normal. Once I finished installing, it seems that barely any of my apps are working.

Gmail screen will open up go to white and then shut down. Links don't open from inside other apps (Twitter, FB). Twitter doesn't work. It just says, "unfortunately [app] has stopped."

Are other people having similar issues? Do I have to wait for bug fixes, is there anything I can do now? Already restated phone a few times.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollilop update on Nexus 4 - NOTHING works

My phone is totally non functional. It freezes and i have to reboot and even then it will freeze again. Apps crash and the cell connectivity takes minutes after reboot to connect. I really hope they quickly push another update. I turned off wifi because I thought that was causing issues. I also read somebody else doing a wipe all data and restore and it seemed to fix it. But right now I'm potentially missing calls as the phone randomly freezes.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollilop update on Nexus 4 - NOTHING works

Amazing after a couple dozen reboots and recovery mode cache cleared the phone is stable again and smooth. Almost like it was doing stuff in the background this whole time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca