After used S8+ Can you go back to old design phone?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know it just myself after 2 weeks with my S8+ and I get used to aspect ratio and S8+ design when I look back to other phone (my OnePlus 3T black) I feel like I can't go back to the old 2016 design anymore. Anyone feel the same?

Tobym1982

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Im a samsung fan and havent tried the new s8+ but from headlines its the one to bring em up and my s6 edge is nowhere near as advanced as the s8+ and this thing is phenomenal just upgraded to nougat

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes change is hard to accept. ;)

I feel we all adapt in some way or form. :)

When I moved from the old 4" / 5" etc display screen sized phone to my iPhone 6 Plus I thought to myself what have I done but adapted to it within a few days. Now I would find it alien using a smaller display size.

Adapting to Ratios imo will be the same process

When I moved from iPhones to the s7 edge I thought the same but adapted after a few days which led me to buying the s8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
After using my 8+ for a day or two I took my 7edge out and for me, it looked so outdated and felt even smaller (narrower). To me it's a big difference, to the point when I had the 7 edge, I had a V20 that I used primarily. When I got the 8 +, I returned the 7edge as part of the Jump and sold the V20.

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
It's crazy how far phone design has come even from the S7 Edge. No way would I want to go back now, it's a total game changer. I bet customer satisfaction for the S8 is off the charts.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the S8 and after a week, I had thoughts about switching back to my S7, but when I picked it up, it didn't feel right anymore. I wasn't sure about the narrow design at first, but I am really liking it now.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I forced myself to use my iphone 7+ and Pixel XL for a day each. It felt like i took a technology step backwards. The S8+ is just so much more advanced design and technology wise that I just can't put it down!

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I love the phone I could go back to older style phones but only if I had not choice, like my phone was stolen or destroyed somehow. I would then be forced to go back to my SG 5.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've already found that when I hold my old S7 It now feels very small almost like a iPhone 5 or similar, even though it's not by any means small! Think I would struggle to go back now, loving the size and display

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Im a samsung fan and havent tried the new s8+ but from headlines its the one to bring em up and my s6 edge is nowhere near as advanced as the s8+ and this thing is phenomenal just upgraded to nougat

I'd definitely still look at flat screen phones. Love my S8, BUT also really really still love my S6 (non edge).

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I could go back to my S7Edge with no problem whatsoever. There is not that much difference and really not that much great about the S8 except the hype.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Never looked back once I got my GS8. My wife has my GS7 and I don't miss it. The GS8 just seems like a different experience with the larger screen with no physical buttons, all on a slightly larger device.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When I use my iPhone 7 plus, the screen feels weird because of the huge bezels. Other than the screen don't feel I miss out on other things.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 7 Plus before my s8 Plus. After a few days I picked up her iPhone 7 Plus as I still miss Portrait Mode and I looked at it thinking how dated it looked and felt. I've moved onto the LG G6 now and even though it looks lovely and has minimal bezels I still think it looks more of a traditional phone compared to the s8 Plus I had

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope don't think so. I really like this aspect ratio and really tall phone. Best compromise between phone size, usability, and screen size

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I felt this way after going from the note3 to the note7. Then I had to go to my note7 replacement which was a blackberry priv. It was actually tough to go from such a comfortable design to an older phone. I will give the priv some credit though. It did have a slightly curved screen and back.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the iPhone 7 Plus before my s8 Plus. After a few days I picked up her iPhone 7 Plus as I still miss Portrait Mode and I looked at it thinking how dated it looked and felt. I've moved onto the LG G6 now and even though it looks lovely and has minimal bezels I still think it looks more of a traditional phone compared to the s8 Plus I had

This exactly. I have thought about going back to the G6, but this S8 looks, feels and has the edge ( no pun intended) with it's specs over the G6 IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira