ahhh...banking to go

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps the one thing that really bugged me and I felt was a major shortfall on the blackberries was the inability to do mobile banking for my credit union, and being stuck with the mobile phone version of paypal, where I couldn't transfer money, and add/withdraw funds.

Droid does. :) I can sign into my credit union page, and paypal renders the full version of the page and allows full access. That alone is worth the switch for me.

So..if you couldn't access your banking sites on your berry, and you've made the switch, try it out!

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Now if someone would do an app that would allow me to add in transactions and download them as a file or directly to quicken....now that would be cool!

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I doubt I would be able to access my local Credit Union account on the phone's browser. It's a 3 step secure login. If my CU made an app that would be great!

dtrust

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
OK, here's a thought, in case a developer with some real smarts is listening.

Don't know if any of this is possible, but it would be too cool if so.

How about, since we have a pretty high rez camera on the Droid, that we have an app for mobile banking that takes a shot of your fingerprint and uses that as a password? Maybe in conjuction with a typed password?

Or, since we have a high rez capacitive screen, take the fingerprint scan from the screen?

Hello, James Bond.

Again, don't know how feasible any of this is, but it would be great. Wouldn't have to worry about losing your phone and someone being able to get into your account.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I doubt I would be able to access my local Credit Union account on the phone's browser. It's a 3 step secure login. If my CU made an app that would be great!

Mine is too. Complete with picture and security question, give it a try, you may be surprised. Mine didn't hiccup once, where the blackberry browser, no matter the settings, wouldn't allow a login. (tried bolt to, and it didn't work either)

An update, dolphin browser works fine with banking and paypal too.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of banking to go, there's a Bank of America commercial advertising the same thing and in it a woman is using a Droid to show it off. Just goes to show how much Droid is coming into the world. Total domination! lol