AI Update Email

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have been checking since and it says I'm up to date. I may pull my Verizon Sim from the phone and try Wi-Fi only or put my T-Mobile Sim in and see what happens. I'll post results when I have a chance to try.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I got that email, and I'm on Verizon as well. It doesn't mean Verizon is planning on actually sending out the update in a timely manor (if at all).

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
strangely, no email, but update came automatically. Looks like it's the AI update along with security updates. Camera now says "ai mode" or something along those lines. can't figure out how it works yet, but it's there

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
a nice surprise for a Friday. may not make it the greatest camera on the market, but a nice little overhaul is certainly a cool thing. I wonder if 8.1 will add anything else

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Verizon phone and Sim but living in Germany switching to T-Mobile Sim on and off. I got that email 2 days ago and then last night when going to bed I got the update with the Verizon Sim in and on a German wi-fi network. Haven't played with it yet but I did notice when checking the camera I have the AI update. It'll be interesting to see performance of the new software. Surprised AC hasn't posted anything yet.

wdblevin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
No LG email here, but got the software update yesterday.

I've been so busy that I just noticed the 'AI CAM' label at the bottom of my screen - I have a little bit of understanding of what it suppose to do for us, but have no clue what to expect. It's pretty interesting that once I turned on AI, that I get the fade-in-and-out labels appearing on my V30 camera screen telling me stuff like I am looking at 'nature' when pointing the camera at our yard or 'technology'/'computer' when I am pointing at my laptop. It made me <giggle> when I pointed the camera at our dog and the 'mammal' label appeared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo