Airwatch and native email Client no longer compatible ?

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I was using the native email client on the M8 and had no issues. Calendars and contacts all sync'd up great.

The other day my phone stopped receiving company (corporate) email. I updated the mdm agent and airwatch HTC service and now the device is not compatible with the native client. I am not forced to use their inbox service, which frankly is crap and doesn't sync with google calendar, etc.

My IT dept stated that Airwatch only really works with native clients with Samsung and Apple devices. My IT dept did set my account up two ways

1. For native client then the Airwatch HTC service app said "not an enterprise compatible device" or something similar. The native client didn't work.

2. Using the Airwatch Inbox container, that obviously worked.

Does anyone here use Airwatch and are they using the Native client or the Airwatch Inbox app. Just wondering if I should go through a complete reset and wipe or hasAirwatch no dropped support native client support for the M8.

Thanks

Dav

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Using any device with a corporate email server is about 50% dependent on the corporate email server setup, so you have to depend on your IT people. Even if someone with the same phone and the same corporate email server has it working the way you want, that doesn't mean that your corporate email server is set up the same way. You're combining 3 different standards - POP3 or IMAP on your phone, Airwatch's proprietary method of handling email and your corporate email server, which could be just about anything (Exchange, Lotus, IMAP, POP3, some totally proprietary protocol) - and hoping they'll work together. Just making Exchange work on every Android phone is a full industry.

Do it their way - no one here knows your corporate email server, so we can't even make wild guesses on what you can or can't do.