Alarm only works when tablet is on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why doesn't alarm work when my Lenovo M8 HD tablet is turned off? I set the alarm, turn off the tablet and it doesn't ring. When I turn the tablet back on, it says "missed alarm". I tested it while I was awake -- it doesn't ring. It does ring when it's asleep, but on. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure any power-saving modes are turned off, and also make sure Do Not Disturb isn't on (or at least make sure that Alarms are an exception for DND).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've never seen a device that can do any kinds of functions when completely powered off (except for the ones that have a feature to schedule a power off and power on).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember a few other members mentioning that a phone could do this too. I don't remember which phone, but yeah it was very limited to one make or model.

Generally speaking, though, setting an alarm and turning off the phone is the equivalent of setting an alarm clock and unplugging the clock. Of course it's not going to work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I remember a few other members mentioning that a phone could do this too. I don't remember which phone, but yeah it was very limited to one make or model.

Generally speaking, though, setting an alarm and turning off the phone is the equivalent of setting an alarm clock and unplugging the clock. Of course it's not going to work.
Yeah I think there was a Samsung long ago also but agree can't general do this .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance