Album Art on Google Play Music and Not Spotify on S10+

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have Toyota Entune 3.0 and a T Mobile S10+. When I play my Google Play Music and the first song that appears shows the Album Art. Then when I switch to another song or artist, the Album Art, artist names, etc.. switches to Unknown on the hear unit. If I turn off my head unit and then power it back on, I get the album art and artist to show again for that sone and then subsequent songs go back to unknown.

With Spotify, if I do the exact same process, the Album Art works perfectly on each song.

Another interesting note, when I summon Bixby it wont play Google Play Music but will play with Spotify. I wonder if its a Samung Google thing.

Interestingly, I came from the One Plus 7 Pro and the exact opposite happened, There was no album art on Spotify but, album art showed on Google Play Music.

Any ideas?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have Toyota Entune 3.0 and a T Mobile S10+. When I play my Google Play Music and the first song that appears shows the Album Art. Then when I switch to another song or artist, the Album Art, artist names, etc.. switches to Unknown on the hear unit. If I turn off my head unit and then power it back on, I get the album art and artist to show again for that sone and then subsequent songs go back to unknown.

With Spotify, if I do the exact same process, the Album Art works perfectly on each song.

Another interesting note, when I summon Bixby it wont play Google Play Music but will play with Spotify. I wonder if its a Samung Google thing.

Interestingly, I came from the One Plus 7 Pro and the exact opposite happened, There was no album art on Spotify but, album art showed on Google Play Music.

Any ideas?

Toyota's infotainment system is hot garbage. Nothing to do with the phones.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Toyota's infotainment system is hot garbage. Nothing to do with the phones.

I was hoping that was not the case but I had speculated it was. However it is odd that one service works well on one device and not the other. In the end, I returned the S10. I liked the OP7 Pro better even though it did not have wireless charging.