All Contacts/ Downloaded apps gone after flashing rom

smith2sc

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Just starting my first several attempts at flashing some new roms on my Evo, but the first try at flashing CM7 resulted in all my contacts and downloaded apps being gone, as well as some messages about a damaged sd card (which came and went once i rebooted a couple of times).

I went ahead and rebooted to recovery of my nandroid backup i had from before that, but I'm wondering if theres a way to get all of those apps/contacts from my sd card to my newly flashed rom, and if there are any decent sense based roms i can use that aren't too radically different.

Like I said I know the basics so sorry if this covers simple territory.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Anytime you flash a new ROM you lose everything because you have to do a full wipe.

You should have your contacts synced with your Google account. Then when you sign back in after flashing the new ROM, all your contacts are restored automatically.

For your apps you want to use Titanium Backup. It allows you to back all your apps up on your SD card and restore them after flashing a new ROM.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Reactions: smith2sc

smith2sc

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha

I'll get on that titanium backup right now. That should help, and the contacts I just saved exported to my sd card so that helped with that issue as well. Thanks for the help!

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
app brain also works for the apps and in my case it helps a little more because im running out of space on my sd card..

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
app brain also works for the apps and in my case it helps a little more because im running out of space on my sd card..

Only problem is that with Appbrain you have to do a new install of all your apps every time, so you lose all settings and data in your apps. Titanium Backup saves your apps with all their data so it can be restored.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk