All my apps data were deleted, default apps re-enabled.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone was working perfectly a day ago, but when I picked it up today I noticed something was wrong, a lot of previously disabled apps were re-enabled (both Google and Samsung apps like Play Music, Galaxy Apps etc). Also all my others apps lost their data, as if they were being opened for the first time. External data (files, photos etc) were not deleted. I've tried redisabling and reconfiguring them, but the same thing happened after I rebooted the phone, then it seemed that rebooting the phone no longer changed anything, except for weird behaviours like some of the ramdomly installed apps disappearing and reappearing for no reason.

All of this is happening on a 4 years old Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) phone. I would like to understand what is the cause behind this weird behavior. Even though its a old phone I still use it for some other school/study related things, but I'm not sure if my phone is just dying or if this is some software issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you have to sign back into all of the apps?. Do you recall going to Settings>Apps, tapping Menu, then Reset All App Preferences?