All sprint premier programs going bye bye in october!

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not a rumor. I called Sprint directly (*2) for another reason, and also asked about my premier status. I was told all Premier programs will be cancelled by the end of October. THIS SUCKS!!!

Don't thank me for this. It will only depress me further.

Last edited:

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is true, and I'm only saying this because I just received a letter from Sprint explicitly stating it. However it also stated that since I was due for an annual premier upgrade in December that they would still honor it. But basically the annual upgrades are going away and they are going back to the every other year upgrade.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is true, and I'm only saying this because I just received a letter from Sprint explicitly stating it. However it also stated that since I was due for an annual premier upgrade in December that they would still honor it. But basically the annual upgrades are going away and they are going back to the every other year upgrade.

The good news is now the 22 month wait will drop to 20 months. At least you won't have to wait as long...

Learn about changes to our New for You upgrade program

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that this doesn't bother me. I never saw a huge deal with the Premier program. If making these changes means they will try and bring in new customers and build out their network, that's fine. I stick with Sprint because of cost and unlimited data. I don't have any fantasy about my cellular service being faster or more reliable than my home internet and the like (already tried that, and I switched back to a wired home connection).

All these changes, in my opinion, are fairly insignificant if it means the network and coverage will improve in the long run. It is much cheaper for me on Sprint, and I am willing to deal with these inevitabilities if I can keep my low cost and unlimited data.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I'll miss is my annual upgrade. It was always my Christmas present to myself.

Well, ok, I'll miss that small annual bill credit too...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Used to get an annual $5 bill credit on my sprint anniversary date. It wasn't really anything to write home about but it was nice. That was an option, or I could get 25 free minutes.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Used to get an annual $5 bill credit on my sprint anniversary date. It wasn't really anything to write home about but it was nice. That was an option, or I could get 25 free minutes.

I forgot about that! L O L! Really nothing; but, your right: it's something. Who else does that? No one.

I'm on the silver premier. I was eligible for upgrade in Feb. Got my upgrade in the summer on the "override" rule. Eligible for full upgrade in December again. Is that upgrade in December going to carry till the end of next year; or, is it going to go away? Or, will it stick around indefinitely since it's really the 2 year upgrade? Even though I signed a new contract and it's LAST 2 year upgrade from the switching to 2 year.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky. I became a gold member September 1 after 10 years with Sprint. I learned that if I upgraded before October 2 when the premiere plans changed I would qualify for a final annual upgrade next September and have until the end of 2012 to use it. Done deal. Got a SG2S and I'll get a new phone next September. After that it will be 20 months. We should see LTE in Seattle by then. I'm dreaming of the G3S with quad core 2ghz, HD high res screen, and NFC.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky. I became a gold member September 1 after 10 years with Sprint. I learned that if I upgraded before October 2 when the premiere plans changed I would qualify for a final annual upgrade next September and have until the end of 2012 to use it. Done deal. Got a SG2S and I'll get a new phone next September. After that it will be 20 months. We should see LTE in Seattle by then. I'm dreaming of the G3S with quad core 2ghz, HD high res screen, and NFC.

Nexus 4 - LTE Same Specs please. :)

evobb100

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I received a letter today from Sprint. It says "your plan premiere customer program is cancel by 12/31/2011"
So that means no unlimited data plan or se thing else

evobb100

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks I just called sprint customer service regarding this premium customer is cancellation.
that means make sure you have to use your chance to upgrade other wise sprint automaticaly reset
your two year contrat. Nothing change with your plan.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I forgot about that! L O L! Really nothing; but, your right: it's something. Who else does that? No one.

I'm on the silver premier. I was eligible for upgrade in Feb. Got my upgrade in the summer on the "override" rule. Eligible for full upgrade in December again. Is that upgrade in December going to carry till the end of next year; or, is it going to go away? Or, will it stick around indefinitely since it's really the 2 year upgrade? Even though I signed a new contract and it's LAST 2 year upgrade from the switching to 2 year.

so how were you able to get upgrade in feb, then in summer and another full upgrade in december?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faizsempoii