Almost all my apps are not working :(

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone was working fine earlier today, but after I installed Roblox and Monthly Idol app, my phone became sluggish. I restarted, and once it started up almost all my apps had the default android icon and were renamed what I assume is the package Id of said app. Attempting to open any app shows a split second of the app opening, afterward it immediately closes and says "[app] has stopped."

I thought a restart would fix it, but nope. It stuck around after 3-5 restarts. I even unmounted and remounted the sd card multiple times thinking it might be corrupt, but all the files present on the sd card are accounted for and can be opened and edited.

I've tried clearing Play Services cache. I also tried to install a new app just to see if it would work, and it failed. When I tried to install a system update, it said there was not enough space, but my phone has 12gb free (although the internal storage alone has only 1.05gb free, but a majority of the space is taken up by system files that I don't know are possible--or even wise--to clear). The storage also says every one of the apps are 0 bytes in size, and when I tried to uninstall some of them a popup message comes up that says "[app id, which differs from the original app] is part of the following app: [original app's id]." (for instance: "com.facebook.orca.auth.StartScreenActivity is part of the following app: com.facebook.messenger.app.MessengerApplication")

Please help :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess that one of them damaged the system, and the only "fix" is reflashing the stock ROM. (Considering that it's an 8GB phone, and currently sells for under $100 new, it might make more sense to replace it (maybe with something better) than to fool with it.

somein

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dang, that's unfortunate that I may have to reset, but I'm not surprised lol :(
Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but all the apps that don't work are ones that are on the SD card. Could that have any significance?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Dang, that's unfortunate that I may have to reset, but I'm not surprised lol :(
Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but all the apps that don't work are ones that are on the SD card. Could that have any significance?
Oh yeah definitely, try move them back to internal storage and just use the sd card for photos

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Your phone won't be able to handle any current games and even some apps.

I agree w/Rukbat. Time to get a new phone w/better specs.

The days of 1GB RAM/8GB phones are gone.