Alternate Notification Sounds

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a method to cycle through various sounds for a single notification. The specific use I want from this is that I have 2 sound files, one of Mario getting a mushroom, and the other of Mario getting hit, and I want these 2 sounds to alternate playing whenever I get a text.

That is, I want Sound 1 to play for first text, Sound 2 to play for second text, Sound 1 again for third text, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I have wanted to create a mash-up of different sounds, I use Audacity.

It's fairly easy to use.

HTH,

Thanks... but I'm not looking to put the two sounds together, but to play sound 1 when text 1 comes in, sound 2 when text 2 comes in, sound 1 for text 3, and so on.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a method to cycle through various sounds for a single notification. The specific use I want from this is that I have 2 sound files, one of Mario getting a mushroom, and the other of Mario getting hit, and I want these 2 sounds to alternate playing whenever I get a text.

Use some kind of program to join the to files in to one sound file that would do it...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

That is, I want Sound 1 to play for first text, Sound 2 to play for second text, Sound 1 again for third text, etc.

I don't believe this is possible, you would have to do some interesting script rewriting to configure this to work.. :p

Great idea but there is a mess of variables involved like time limits and when to determine when to reset back to the 1st sound, etc. etc.... A coders nightmare.. LOL..

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe this is possible, you would have to do some interesting script rewriting to configure this to work.. :p

Great idea but there is a mess of variables involved like time limits and when to determine when to reset back to the 1st sound, etc. etc.... A coders nightmare.. LOL..

Yeah I was afraid of that... it wouldn't be any easier to pick a random sound out of a folder or something, instead of a specific cycle, would it?