Alternative to Android Market Place

ScotDiddle

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Suppose that one is writing business apps for use in-house only... Propritery information, business secerets and Personal Data and the like. I certainly don't want to post my new intranet app on the app store. So what are my alternatives for getting the new business-specific apps written for my company's use only ported to our staff's Android Devices.

Thanks in advance.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Suppose that one is writing business apps for use in-house only... Propritery information, business secerets and Personal Data and the like. I certainly don't want to post my new intranet app on the app store. So what are my alternatives for getting the new business-specific apps written for my company's use only ported to our staff's Android Devices.

Thanks in advance.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

Allow your devices to install from Unknown Sources then distribute the APK internally.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ScotDiddle

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Ry,

Thanks for the reply... However, being really, really new to the Android environment, I must ask about the second part of your advice:
then distribute the APK internally

HOW does one "distribute the APK internally" ?

Thanks,

Scot

ScotDiddle

May 22, 2012
Visit site
pazzo02,

Thanks for the reply... Sounds easy enough. Once my company (or my wife) let's loose of a spare dollar or two, I will buy my first smart phone (Droid Razer Maxx) and try it out. So far, I've been successful following the tutorials for a "Hello Android" app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61