Am I alone being happy with stock?

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This is not my first Android phone, I have rooted and rom'd other phones. I have to say I'm happy with the stock on this phone. I had an issue with NFC, Sprint replaced the phone and I'm good. I'm just wondering if anyone else is happy with the Nexus S as is?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can say that the times I have ran stock on the NS4G it was a good experience. Everything does seem to perform as expected.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy if battery life was more than 7 hours. Worse yet its 3 hours to get a full charge even with a brand new battery.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and stocked rom, and im very happy. when it comes to cusom roms, i always wonder about small problems like: if my apps are going to function right? or if a new update comes. I do agree with giograves, i actually bought a 3000mah extended battery because the battery life is horrible, even with the extended battery. All in all, stock just works for me. :)

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
happy with stock, i have YET to root... only thing is, if i want a *complete* package of services, i have to pay for it...

~in the attachment~

i have to be content with paying $6 per gb tethering with sprint mobile hotspot .. other than that, the good thing about being on sprint, is that via the phone i can eat all the data i want w/o fretting about going over...~shrugs shoulders~

Last edited:

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm rooted and stocked rom, and im very happy. when it comes to cusom roms, i always wonder about small problems like: if my apps are going to function right? or if a new update comes. I do agree with giograves, i actually bought a 3000mah extended battery because the battery life is horrible, even with the extended battery. All in all, stock just works for me. :)

i've been on youtube for months looking at rom reviews.. so many mouth watering features in alot of them,

but can't bring myself to step into the pool, yet...

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is not my first Android phone, I have rooted and rom'd other phones. I have to say I'm happy with the stock on this phone. I had an issue with NFC, Sprint replaced the phone and I'm good. I'm just wondering if anyone else is happy with the Nexus S as is?

the issues i've had with the ns4g's NFC, wasn't with the hardware part of nfc tech itself, but with adding money to the software side of it..

the 1st time i had to eat crow, because the bank had an older address than the one i gave google wallet, money wouldn't add on, & i kept getting a "google funds weren't added, please try again" so, in trying to had like $100, then $50, various times that morning, it was a no -go.. come to find out later that afternoon, over $800 was taken out from my checking account; the bank's fraud dept gave me two calls... i found that money network wasn't adding those funds, & now on the friday of the labor day weekend, i had over $800 bones un-accounted for... back & forth calling from both money network & my bank, couldn't tell me where my money went.. that tuesday the funds were restored...

so, i learned a valuble lesson; to only add in denominations of $20 at a time...

BUT, just two weeks a ago, with over $50 on the prepaid google wallet card, i couldn't pay for my lunch at harris teeter, the transaction would not go through, another call to google walet, which got me transfered to who else, money network's fraud dept, which the lady i spoke to said the activity was stopped, **because my address with them, didn't match the one on the bank card**... ??whaaa?? ... sooo, after 10 minutes of straightening that out, i asked her, "why on earth was i not notified of this??" she said that **me calling them** not the other way around was a securing feature, not a bug.. lmao..... it was by design so to speak..

i told her to please stay on the phone while i left my desk to walk to harris teeter to purchase a cola, which was .. successful...

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used it yet, I keep NFC off to save battery. I have been at same address over 10 years so that shouldn't be issue. With myself I went to turn NFC on and I got a security warning saying contact Google Wallet. I did they said contact Samsung, they said call Sprint. I called Sprint guess what they said? Call Google Wallet, I did and they then suggested I go to Sprint to have it looked at. Sprint agreed to replace phone. I will attempt to use Wallet today.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
i've been on youtube for months looking at rom reviews.. so many mouth watering features in alot of them,

such as...?

I know pretty much zero/zilch/nada about flashing and rooting and all that. what sort of "mouth-watering" features am I missing?

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy if battery life was more than 7 hours. Worse yet its 3 hours to get a full charge even with a brand new battery.

This has to be the most frustrating thing about this phone. The Time it takes for a battery to charge. Out of all the phones I have had before Blackberry, HTC, Nokia, (these took 1 hr or so tu fully charge after the battery was near empty) this one is by far the most frustrating to charge. 3 hours to charge!! 3!!! It is amazing stuff....

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Stock here but may root soon to get the tethering back I had when I purchased the phone last year.

Second thought never mind. Getting 77K download speeds on 3G. Not worth the effort. :)

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
such as...?

I know pretty much zero/zilch/nada about flashing and rooting and all that. what sort of "mouth-watering" features am I missing?

shucks, critiqued the available ones & ask yourself... they're all over the internet..

what ever enhances or adds functonality **useful to you** within the device could be a "mouth-watering" feature, yea?

& what may be *useful for me* may not be useful to you..

that's for you to decide..

ooh BTW, i'm on stock also, i have yet to root this thing.. but i would attempt it if need be!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator