Am I correct there is no bluetooth keyboard for Verizon tab?

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I looked back but havent seen anything mentioned on this in a while. Figured I would see if anyone has worked it out. I have the keyboard docking station which is great but not so good for quick on the go use. Im looking for more along the lines of a case with built in keyboard. Impossible for Verizon tab no? Thanks.

Melissa

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have still yet to find a compatible BT Keyboard for my Sprint Galaxy Tab. It's an inconvenience but I still manage. I will hold out with the hopes that someone smarter than I will figure out how to connect a BT Keyboard to the Tab

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there isn't any bluetooth keyboard options for the VZW Tab. I am at Verizon right now typing this response on the keyboard dock to see if it's worth buying or if I should wait and see if the guys on XDA finish figuring out a HID enabled kernel. Boushh has been working on one off and on to work with Apple bluetooth devices.

I love my Tab and I dont want to have to buy one from a GSM carrier.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

motoroid7

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can get a dock keyboard directly from samsung for the galaxy tab. I think I'll be getting one.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Why would it not? Strange...

Samsung seems to have put certain restrictions on Sprint and Verizon tabs like they did on all US tabs(that is why you cannot make phone calls from your tabs like you can with the Euro versions) Some believe they have done this to sell more of their keyboard dock.

Kupe

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Samsung seems to have put certain restrictions on Sprint and Verizon tabs like they did on all US tabs(that is why you cannot make phone calls from your tabs like you can with the Euro versions) Some believe they have done this to sell more of their keyboard dock.
It's not Samsung, it's the carriers. AT&T and T-Mobile Tabs have been using BT keyboards out of the box. The recent EC02 update from Verizon also opened the Verizon tabs up to BT keyboards and mice.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
You guys might want to check this site out. It says that it is compatible with all models of the gtab.

Book Style Case with Built-in Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Tab-Accessories

Oh wow nice. So because of the new update we can get this now? Thats the exact same one I had ordered and sent back because it wouldnt work. I didnt think to check into it ahead of time. Was so mad when I had to return it! The docking keyboard is really nice for at home but not logical for when you are out all day and just want something built right in to a case.

mact

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
the verizon update DID NOT let me connect a xoom bt kb to mt gt.

a guy at verizon said the xoom kb must operate at a different frequency.

would not link to an ipad in vz store either.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Can one of you please post a link to the BT keyboards that you are using with your Verizon Galaxy Tab?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: is this the one you all are using?

Apple BT keyboard

Last edited:

JJRocker

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is the one I'm using. It's the current standard keyboard packaged with iMacs and sold for the iPad, but it works perfectly with the Galaxy Tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63