Am I missing something? EBay prices vs Google

Grunnsetning

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a Pixel and I am a little confused as to why the prices are so much higher or even the same to google's website?
Is it just because of availability of certain models?
Thanks for the info

anon(9485947)

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes... It's the same thing as trying to buy a ticket for a concert from someone in the street outside the venue.... They want to make a profit on top of what they paid for it. .

And if there is a scarcity... Then they will.

Also like buying from someone in the street you might not get quite what you were expecting.....

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a Pixel and I am a little confused as to why the prices are so much higher or even the same to google's website?
Thanks for the info

get it from play store. thats the best option. they are trying to make profit out of the demand situation

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info

I'm seeing that same problem with the NES Classic. I want one so bad, but I'm not paying a penny above MSRP just to have one now.

Wait until they're available in the Google Store or on Verizon's website (if Verizon is your carrier). You'll be happy you waited.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Google runs out of devices for extended periods; when they do, the prices on eBay skyrocket. Some buyers just don't want to wait.

2. Google does not sell the Pixel (nor previous phones like the Nexus line) worldwide; there are many countries where you can not easily purchase a Pixel except through channels such as eBay. These buyers are often willing to pay a very high premium because, frankly, they have no other choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120