Am I the only one REALLY missing the 7 homescreens of Droid X??

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe the Bionic has only 5 homescreens! I am so used to having lots of widgets, large calendars, large to do lists, pictures, etc on my home screens. Now I can't fit hardly anything on the 5 home screens of the Droid.

I am so bummed. This might be reason enough for me to return the phone.

ARGH. I love my new phone but this is a real disappointment.

Any way to customize it to 7 screens?

Katherine

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one REALLY missing the 7 homescreens of Droid X

Get a home screen replacement like LauncherPro, ADWLauncher or GoLauncher

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Haven't used one in a while but I know some of them go to 7 without issue.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I can't believe the Bionic has only 5 homescreens! I am so used to having lots of widgets, large calendars, large to do lists, pictures, etc on my home screens. Now I can't fit hardly anything on the 5 home screens of the Droid.

Katherine
On each of my phones, I always end up going back to Launcher Pro. So, I always have 7 screens.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

In actuality, I reduce my Droid X to 5 via ADW EX. 5 is a sweet spot IMO. Helps me stay "consise."

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Katherine

I can't help but think you're looking for a reason to return the phone. You're talking about a minor software change (which others have directed you to already by changing your launcher). 'Hardly anything on 5 screens? Is your room real messy too? I ask this because it sounds like the whining of a 3rd grader that hasn't done any research.
/rant

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

No, you are not. I came from an incredible 2 and I miss having 7 homescreens

About the only thing the Inc2 (Sense) had was this...and actually it was 21 screens given the fact that you could have profiles...but that phone SUCKED. Horrible signal and a "unknown" issue of not allowing bluetooth to keep sound and voice going if a text message came in while on the call. Validated that it happened on three separate Inc2's with 3 different headsets. #Fail.

I'll take 5 home screens and Motorola hardware anyday over the HTC.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

the 7 screens on the DX actually bugged me. I never used more than 3 anyway and the rest just sort of chilled there.

I never understood why they didn't make the extra screens optional. Default it to 3 screens, but let the users add more screens up to a specified amount if they so wish

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I only use 5 on my DX, and I have the ability to run more with ADW Launcher Pro.

If you want 7 screens maybe we could trade my DX for your bionic. :p

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
the 7 screens on the DX actually bugged me. I never used more than 3 anyway and the rest just sort of chilled there.

I never understood why they didn't make the extra screens optional. Default it to 3 screens, but let the users add more screens up to a specified amount if they so wish

I always used three too. I like the new blur launcher or I would use one of the replacements to dial it back to three.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

badbubba

Banned
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Its not a big deal to me, but if I had a choice between 5 or 7 I would take 7. My Droid 3 was the same way.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Katherine

You could have 7 screens in less time than it took you to write this post - Launcher Pro, ADW. Or you can grab Go Launcher and have as many screens as you want - have 50 if it turns you on.

That is the Beauty of Android! :D

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I agree 5 is the sweet spot. I despise Blur and the wasteful, empty spaces found inside it's widgets. One of ADW EX, GO, and LPP is the way to go IMO.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

You could have 7 screens in less time than it took you to write this post - Launcher Pro, ADW. Or you can grab Go Launcher and have as many screens as you want - have 50 if it turns you on.

That is the Beauty of Android! :D

Great! I didn't know you can customize the number of screens with a program! Thanks -- going to download Go Launcher EX right now to try. Never done this before so I hope it doesn't kill anything.

Oh and to the jacka$... who wrote that I am looking for an excuse to return the phone and I am a whining 3rd grader -- get a life. I am coming here for help. :rolleyes:

Katherine

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Great! I didn't know you can customize the number of screens with a program! Thanks -- going to download Go Launcher EX right now to try. Never done this before so I hope it doesn't kill anything.

Oh and to the jacka$... who wrote that I am looking for an excuse to return the phone and I am a whining 3rd grader -- get a life. I am coming here for help. :rolleyes:

Katherine

You're very welcome. If you're here for help you could have simply asked if there was a way to get more than 5 screens instead of saying how disappointed you were.. and thinking about returning it, etc... You set the tone of ignorance. Have a wonderful day :)

Brian

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm using Launcher Pro. Not just because it gives you 7 screens, but it also gives you 3 scrolling docs with the ability to put 5 icons in each dock. I also changed the screen layout to 5x5. Looks awesome with qHD and a 4.3" screen!

jtpterp

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I have trouble filling up one screen let alone 5.... but i like to keep it minimalistic.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Wow this software is incredible! I am watching this great youtube video on how to set up the homescreens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5LISE8BU_E

The flexibility blows me away. I can't believe I have lived with my Droid X for 2 years without realizing I can customize all this!

One great thing about this software: you can create folders and throw apps in it. I just made a folder called VZW bloat and dumped all my unused icons in there (Blockbuster...)! Awesome.

Added screens to make 7 for now. May add a couple more later. Downloaded free INK theme -- it is gorgeous!

Thanks all. Very happy now. Oh and the BIonic rocks. 80% battery today despite playing with the phone nonstop for the last 6 hours (and talking for 2 hours with friend while shopping this am). Amazing. And lightning fast.

Katherine

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I struggle to fill 3 screens. Can't imagine what I'd put on 7, but I also don't really use many widgets.

Reactions: 5h4un360

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582