Amazing..........camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I took a lot of photos when I was in Calf visiting friends and also here at home the past couple of days.
I took pics in various lighting situations and also in the darkness of the evening. I am really amazed and quite surprised and IMPRESSED.
I sent some photos to a friend and he wanted to know what camera I used because he thought my photos were unbelievable. I didn't tell him they were from my Thunderbolt when I sent the photos.
He said his mouth dropped when I did tell him they were from my phone.
I had the Incredible prior and it took really good pics. But I have to tell you......the pics I took with my Thunderbolt really are awesome and even beat my digital camera.

I have had my Thunderbolt for over a week now. I am truly happy with this phone. My only complaint is the battery but I knew prior to getting the phone. If it had better battery life, it would be the perfect phone in my opinion. But it doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I am learning to tweak it. But I am really taken back by how good the camera is and my friend............is very picky. I have another friend who is a photography professional and he even agrees it takes great photos.
:)

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I came from the Droid x and I was really surprised by the camera on the tb to...I use my phone over my camera camera and the video recording is great on the tb to not all choppy

ji001

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
agree, I have a dslr and my camcorder also can take pictures, but Im bringing the tb on my next trip out of the country eventhough it wont serve as a phone. Id rather walk around with a phone in my pocket that can do other things compare to a camera to be honest.

It's hard to always have a camera everywhere on a trip but it's super easy to carry a phone. I think point and shoot cameras will get pushed out of existence because of cellphones but that's just my opinion.:)

also the tb's ability to take great pics for a phone is definitely a plus!!

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Glad someone loves the camera on it. I personally wasnt really impressed at all. When looking at them on my computer they are all very grainy. At least the ones I have taken inside are. Cant remember for sure the ones outside.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll condition that with "for a smartphone camera", it's quite good. Of course, my comparison is the crappy little camera in my old Blackberry 9300, so a pinhole camera and a charcoal pencil would be good. :)

I went for a short hike yesterday and did some Geocaching, and while I was out there I took a few pictures in full sunlight, and all of them were of decent quality. Indoor and flash photos are about what you'd expect for such a tiny lens - it simply doesn't have the light-collecting capacity to do a good job.

It won't replace my 12mpix shock-and-waterproof Lumix, but at least quick snaps I take when my real camera is nowhere to be found stand a much better chance of being acceptable.

It's a VERY good camera.. for a smartphone camera. Don't expect it to beat out anything but the cheapest of point-and-shoot digitals, though.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My D40 no longer feels the love. For daytime, it can take jaw dropping pics. Subdued lighting... ehhh, not so well.

Some places the D40 will never visit (some beaches/sand/dust/etc, but the tbolt will always be by my side.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think the video camera sucks. When recording indoors, there is a lot of motion blur unless the lighting is really bright.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the ISO set for auto. Maybe if my house was brighter it would take less grainy pics, Im not sure. Although I have had others do better indoors than this one. The Infuse I had took great pics indoors and out.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally am not impressed either. I take lots of outdoor pics in sunlight (Lakes, trees, plants, etc.) and I find the TB has issues with Blues. My lake and sky pics come out too purpley. Ive tried changing the settings but I still dont get good blues. On a whole not bad for a phone camera, but like most of the TB lots of hype and very little follow through! And can you say, bad position for the shutter button? Anyone know of maybe better camera software to use?

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Currently using shiftsense 1.4f and it's camera.

Face recognize = off.
Balance = depends where I am or just use auto.
Image enhancement = off.
iso = auto
focus = auto
geotag = on (i like that feature).
size = 8mp

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So far, the pictures I have taken are really good. I agree with the one poster...why carry a separate camera when you have your phone. When I am hiking or camping or at an amusement park, it is easier to carry my camera in my holster then carrying a camera bag with a lenses and extra batteries. For everyday users...I like the results, I have mine set to the highest setting.

My daughter has the TBolt also....she must have literally 2,000 self portrait pictures on Facebook....and since the front facing camera...she no longer has to take pictures in the mirror!......LOLOL

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with this camera is the time it takes to capture a photo. There seems to be a minor delay in capturing just about any photo which is fine if the subject isn't moving (like a baby). The iPhone did an exceptional job with action shots.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have learned no matter the light in location if Im not outside I turn on the flash all the time and the camcorder light on when using it and it allows very clear shots and camcorder images.... I did my daughters graduation with the TB and the images came out good enough to convert to dvd and play on HDTV, the video wasn't perfect but way, way, way better than my Droid X.

No complaints here..:)

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with this camera is the time it takes to capture a photo. There seems to be a minor delay in capturing just about any photo which is fine if the subject isn't moving (like a baby). The iPhone did an exceptional job with action shots.

try the app action snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463