Amazon appstore data hog?

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I installed Amazon appstore in order to get Audubon Birds when it was a free app of the day. Birds will not run if Amazon appstore is not running. Problem is whenever appstore is running Onavo pops up a warning that it is a data hog. I want to keep Birds, but get rid of Amazon. Is there a way to keep Birds from looking for the Amazon mothership so that it will run w/o it? I am rooted and running Harmonia 2.08 if that matters.
Thanks in advance

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Does birds have an Autosync function you can toggle on/off? Idk really know much about it because I don't use it personally, but just a guess

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bigrickie77

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed Amazon appstore in order to get Audubon Birds when it was a free app of the day. Birds will not run if Amazon appstore is not running. Problem is whenever appstore is running Onavo pops up a warning that it is a data hog. I want to keep Birds, but get rid of Amazon. Is there a way to keep Birds from looking for the Amazon mothership so that it will run w/o it? I am rooted and running Harmonia 2.08 if that matters.
Thanks in advance

link amazon market to the sd card. I use link2sd ..I have 100 apps on my phone, amazon market included with link2sd . I have 138 mb of internal storage. im running rooted stock with bobzhome new kernel.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The problem isn't that Amazon takes up space - I have it linked to the card. The problem is that it constantly uses data when active. I'd like to get rid of it, but I need in order for Audubon Birds to work. I'd like to find a way to break the link between Birds and Amazon or shut off Amazon 's data acess w/o always having to freeze it in L2sd.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To answer the question no there is no way to remove the game from amazon. Its part of there drm/license check. Reason is people could get the free app unlink it and use the play store to update.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
To answer the question no there is no way to remove the game from amazon. Its part of there drm/license check. Reason is people could get the free app unlink it and use the play store to update.

I think this answers my question. So I am going to just keep the Amazon appstore frozen except when I'm using Audubon Birds (which btw is a field guide and not a game. I go for Birds of the Angry kind when I want to play ;-))

Thanks y'all!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci