Amber Alert

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I know what this news update is. (2 Children were abducted on Boulevard in Southern California earlier) But why are they sending me this... And more importantly who are "they"? Anybody out of California get this?

Attachments

• 1375768999672.jpg
    1375768999672.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 65

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-support-troubleshooting/

t's a feature in Android called CELL BROADCAST. You can choose what you want to be notified of. You can also shut it off. Settings - Apps - Cell Broadcast.

I know what this news update is. (2 Children were abducted on Boulevard in Southern California earlier) But why are they sending me this... And more importantly who are "they"? Anybody out of California get this?

tindelk

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
But why did this happen to everyone (friends here in northern California) today (with the same message)?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I live in SoCal and got it twice yesterday. Apparently this guy who lives near the Mexican border in San Diego kidnapped a 16 year old girl and her 8 year old brother. His house was burnt down and the police found two bodies. One of a child and the other was the girls mother. It's really really sad..

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
To turn these type of messages off go to your android text message app. Click settings, then scroll down to emergency alerts. Select emergency alerts and uncheck all of the selections. I got 2 alerts here in LA. One last night and one this morning.

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
They are region specific. I get them for the Texas area because that's the area I live but I also get them from NJ as well since I have I Jersey number and moved from there for the military.

Posted via Android Central App