Amount of RAM?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When I click the Task Manager and look at the RAM Manager tab it shows that I have 339mb of RAM, 241mb of which is currently in use. Is that the right amount of RAM? I thought it had more ram. I continue to have low memory problems and have to reboot my phone about every other day to fix it.

Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I click the Task Manager and look at the RAM Manager tab it shows that I have 339mb of RAM, 241mb of which is currently in use. Is that the right amount of RAM? I thought it had more ram. I continue to have low memory problems and have to reboot my phone about every other day to fix it.

Thanks.
that sounds about right, let me ask you have you ever run voodoo, are you willing to do a EB01 scrub down and reload whatever you are running?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Never run voodoo

What does a scrubdown involve? Clearing the dalvic (sp?) cache has been mentioned. I haven't done that yet. I get to that by rebooting in recovery?

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If you think your problem is low memory (kinda doubt it) just download Autokiller and set the minfree to whatever you like.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you think your problem is low memory (kinda doubt it) just download Autokiller and set the minfree to whatever you like.

if you have to resort to autokiller something is wrong because i dont run any kind of killer and i have never seen this issue

Never run voodoo

What does a scrubdown involve? Clearing the dalvic (sp?) cache has been mentioned. I haven't done that yet. I get to that by rebooting in recovery?

it will rewrite all the essential parts of the phone so if there is any corruption or errors it will hopefully fix it up, you will lose all apps and data

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what the problem is, so I'm open for any useful suggestions.

I think most probably an app or widget is running wild.

IF your problem was low memory, a minfree adjustment would help you, but again I have doubts. You can try, won't hurt anything.

What launcher you using? Might try removing your widgets once at a time.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My fascinate was had partitioned by sammy. Have you all found a way to use the 500 without having 300 something sit idle for vids?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Snare are you actually getting low memory errors or are you just looking at the memory and you think you have a problem?
No, I am actually getting the symbol on the status bar that says I have low memory.

I've wiped by phone twice now installing DL30 and EB01 and still have the problem (If that matters or provides any helpful thoughts to anyone). I went look at the dalvic wipe as has been suggested before. I booted into recovery (its blue) and I see the option for "wipe cache partition." Is that what I want to do?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, I am actually getting the symbol on the status bar that says I have low memory.

I've wiped by phone twice now installing DL30 and EB01 and still have the problem (If that matters or provides any helpful thoughts to anyone). I went look at the dalvic wipe as has been suggested before. I booted into recovery (its blue) and I see the option for "wipe cache partition." Is that what I want to do?

you used the EB01 file i gave you or the one from my thread?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
you used the EB01 file i gave you or the one from my thread?

The one from the thread. I haven't reinstalled it yet with the full file you pointed to. I'm trying to do the simple stuff before I have to wipe my phone and reinstall everything for a 3rd time.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The one from the thread. I haven't reinstalled it yet with the full file you pointed to. I'm trying to do the simple stuff before I have to wipe my phone and reinstall everything for a 3rd time.

the DL30 or the stock from my threads wont cut it , those only replace a couple partitions in your phone ..
the one from corys thread is alot deeper fix....that is the file that replaces the old DI01 wipe...... this is the file that usually fixes it when people have voodoo mishaps and fixes their internal memory failure, so i suggest trying the one i pointed out

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure. How do I tell?

Mine had the 500 split. Some for the system, and 200ish for vid only. I could not hack it to partition the ram myself. I was always stuck with 300ish system. Should be viewable from system stats...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
One other tidbit - I've been having this problem since I had my phone stock with 2.1, so I'm assuming its not the mods I've done.

I'm using LauncherProPlus to answer the question from a few posts up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds