• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues please let us know in this thread!

Amp and phone to replace Hi-FI unit to speakers


Apr 13, 2015

I have 2 hifi which have various faulty parts.
1. Magnavox Fw322c. 3 cd changer, 2 cassette decks, fm am tuner
Only the radio works

2. panasonic sa-pm111 5 cd changer, 1 cassette deck, fm am tuner
Radio and cd works.

Both radios have that black/red cable where you put in the socket and the spring lever tightens it for L and R side. Speakers are rated 50w each.

The hi-fi control system are big and unnecessary. Is it possible for me to change it into an amp or something that can power both speakers? Then use my old Samsung Galaxy S2 phone with earphone wire to amp as radio, mp3 player and just dock it there. I think it is possible, though I am not sure what amp to buy.