An Android Central app?

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried doing a search on the forums for this and couldn't find anything. I'm sorry if this was aked and answered before already. My last 2 phones were the Pre and a Blackberry Curve. There had been talk on precentral.com about an app for that website, and I don't know if one ever came up. I know there was a crackberry.com app and I used that all the time. Is there in development, or are there any plans for an android central app? I'm sure allot of people on here would love it.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i like the idea as well.

Just curious though, what would you guys want the app to look like/be able to do?

Since we're wishing -

I would like a widget that shows the AC rss feed, and when clicked will take you to a menu. The menu could contain links (mobile) to your messages folders, subscribed threads, new posts and of course the front/article page.

Yeah, I'm not asking for much ;)

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Since we're wishing -

I would like a widget that shows the AC rss feed, and when clicked will take you to a menu. The menu could contain links (mobile) to your messages folders, subscribed threads, new posts and of course the front/article page.

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would be all over this.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Since we're wishing -

That's a pretty good idea.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
XDA has an app that works great. Just copy that (if it's legal) for android central.

The XDA app is just a pre-configured Tapatalk. That would be between AC and the developer of Tapatalk to see about getting a branded version specifically for this forum.

Here is what I would love to see in an AC app.... or actually, mainly just an enhanced widget.......

An app with widget (or just a standalone widget) that includes multiple sizes (for seeing more/less things) that includes settings to log into AC so that we can have one click access to the main feed, forum User CP, private messages, bookmarks of favorite forum areas, etc.

Basically, expand on the existing AC widget and take it to the next level. :D