+ and - for Huawei P20 Pro.

Marco Kortig

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting Huawei P20 Pro. I know that there are many reviews about this model, but wanted to hear proper review from you guys!

Thanks

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Had my phone for a few months now

- Camera in my opinion is the best feature lived up to expectations but still a lot more thing to play with
- Phone feels solid not cheap at all.
- Phone is fast don't let the older processor fool you I found it faster and smoother then my S8+
- Battery is great for general use it last me for full 2 days
- Here's my weak point for the phone bluetooth is weak ver 4.2 not sure why they cheap out on that should've put 5.0 on there.
- Screen for day light not as vibrant as the Samsung phones but still good.
- UI I found their UI much smoother than the Samsung, touchwhiz has been improved but still a bit sluggish.
- Also I suggest you to get a case and a tempered glass asap phone doesn't do well with accidental drop.

Last edited:

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
+
Great speakers
Battery life
Supercharge
Great cameras
Nice screen, bright and vibrant colours
Great performance, still fluid as day one
Looks and feels premium

-
No headphone jack (though they provide an adapter in box)

Overall an excellent device perhaps the best I've used, no regrets getting it.

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Info on Always On Display is sparse. pretty much only time and date. you can schedule it on/off but can't change the colour. There are some other minor nitpicks with how Huawei treats notifications and lock screen info but the device overall is great. Battery is a beast.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
+
Speakers
Display
Battery
smooth as silk
finger print is quick

_
notch
no 3.5 jack
finger print on front
camera (hate it)

Loved my mate 9(best phone ive ever owned). the p20 pro faded fast and never lived up to my mate 9. ill never own another phone with a notch and no 3.5 jack. its annoying. the front finger print censer which i do like however because of the notch at times i grab my phone and its upside down. also i like wired buds but with no jack it blows chunks imho... the camera does not do me well for whatever reason.. on my mate 9 my camera never failed me. on the p20 pro its 50/50.. matter of fact ive stopped using it. oh well. im selling once my new phone gets delivered!

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
The notch can be turned off.

The fingerprint reader can double as navigation gesture, so you can get more screen space by getting rid of the virtual buttons or navigation bar. It's a pretty good and underrated feature.

Also the P20 pro Private Space is like having two separate accounts on the same phone. Pretty handy if want to seperate your work and personal usage on the phone for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaggyzigg