Question Android 12 overnight network drop

saayyf

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
My android 12 devices(Samsung Tab S7) are facing the issue of daily network drop. Once connected to internet, they will stay connected for a day. But the next day, I have to restart the device to get it connected to internet. As a result, I have to restart my devices daily. I also have other devices that are on android 11 and android 10 and same network but these devices are working perfectly fine and don't face this problem.

Is there any difference in settings of android 12 and 11 that could be causing the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds, then plugging back in.

If that doesn't help, then log into your router's settings via your browser (see the router's manual to learn more) and make sure the DHCP address range isn't too narrow. By default, it's usually 255 (i.e., up to 255 devices connected at the same time), but if you or anyone else ever modified it to be much fewer, then it's possible that devices are getting kicked off.

Reactions: saayyf and J Dubbs

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So it does seem to be a problem isolated to some random setting in your Android 12 devices, since your 10 and 11 devices are OK.
Just for clarity, are you using just WiFi, just mobile data (cellular), or both ?

On one of your 12 devices, open up the Settings menu, and in the upper search bar type in network
That should result in a listing of various options on your Tab. Is that anything that might be tied to anything like '... disable network connectivity when the device is in sleep mode'?

Do you have any kind of third-party, network-related app installed? Something like an antivirus/anti-malware utility, or a firewall, or VPN service? Anything that might have some kind of monitoring of online usage?

Buried in the Settings menu there should also be a Reset Network Settings option you might want to try as a last resort measure -- note that this is more of a drastic step to take as it wipes all your saved WiFi network networks, your saved Bluetooth pairings, and any special alterations to your cellular service (i.e. if you made your own APN, manually make a copy to restore afterwards).