Android 12 update

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
I have a unlocked version of this phone purchased from USA and using it in India.

I gather the carrier versions have been getting A12 since September. Not seen an update in my update center yet.

Any idea on the timeline for the update to reach unlocked phones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned that your phone is unlocked, but was it originally sold by a carrier, or did it come straight from LG? If it was originally sold by a carrier, then it probably needs to be on that carrier's network in order to receive the update over the air.

You could try using LG Bridge, but I'm not sure if LG is still maintaining it: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-...use-software-update-CT10000025-20151116396869

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
Bought straight from LG. There is no carrier logo on boot.

Tried LG Bridge on my mac but it did not work. Will try it next on a friend's windows machine and see if I have better luck there

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
Apparently LG promised one more update when it stopped making the phones and looks like thet are following through.

Only carrier sold phones have received the update so far though.

So wanted to know if anyone here has an idea of timeline for unlocked phones. Also, is there something compelling about updating to A12 bedies the obvious things like Material You and security updates?

Last edited: