Android App's Frequent Updates (Samsung S8)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I want to know if anyone can offer some insight into why it seems like Android App's very frequently need updates. I am ignorant of App technology but assume it is because of bug fixes, new features, etc. However, the apps seem to need updating every couple of days or less often sometimes. It seems every time I check for updates in Google Play there are 20 needed updates for app's that were just recently updated. It's not a big deal but I have been wondering if there is something else going on? I searched the internet and others have commented on the same thing but the posts were from years ago. Am I missing something or are others noticing this too? Could it have something to do with Samsung? Thanks for any replies/insight.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I want to know if anyone can offer some insight into why it seems like Android App's very frequently need updates. I am ignorant of App technology but assume it is because of bug fixes, new features, etc. However, the apps seem to need updating every couple of days or less often sometimes. It seems every time I check for updates in Google Play there are 20 needed updates for app's that were just recently updated. It's not a big deal but I have been wondering if there is something else going on? I searched the internet and others have commented on the same thing but the posts were from years ago. Am I missing something or are others noticing this too? Could it have something to do with Samsung? Thanks for any replies/insight.
Hi, if you can register a account here, me or other members be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a Samsung device, but receive frequent updates on Androids and iPhones. I don't think it's abnormal, and certainly nothing to worry about: on the contrary, it shows that developers are supporting their apps, whether Google or anyone else.

Moved to S8 for comments from users.

Virginia Smith42

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
There's a big difference between "software updates" which are from Samsung and are system software updates usually bug fixes. Be sure you have NOT selected auto-updates and choose manual. Check with tech or other first if they know of new problems because usually you cannot revert or undo.
Updates from play store apps or other are just that..updates to apps. If you dont like them, you can always reinstall. But again, stay away from automatic. Keep in mind that updates to apps kept on an SD card will be moved to system for the update and must be selectively mo ed back to the sd card if that's where you want them. It's a good time to clear the cache, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae