Android Auto and Whatsapp Replies working? Which version?

seashell82

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,

got my new GTI yesterday - it comes with Android Auto. So far, everything runs fine with AA and my Nexus 6.

However, Whatsapp seems to be a little bit buggy, at least for me. First of all, the read-out of new messages does not work with the current whatsapp beta version... so I installed the "official" version 174 from the Play Store.

Now, the read-out of new messages works fine. However, I can't reply or create new messages. This only works with SMS.

Has anyone a solution to this? With which WA version does it work for you?

Thx a lot,

Chris

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is the beta done through Google Play? Or sideloaded? (Google's blocked Sideloaded apps on Android Auto for the obvious reason.)

seashell82

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thx for the hint.
The app was side-loaded. That's why I replaced it with the official version.

With the official Google Play version however, there is only read-out of the WhatsApp messages.

Does the reply to messages work for you guys? Any ideas to what the solution might be?

Last edited:

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried this recently but in the past I have been able to respond to a WhatsApp text just by using the "reply" voice command after listening to the text. Are you able to say "send a WhatsApp message to <john doe>"?

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem seems to be that if Android Auto is not available officially in your country or in your native language the voice commands pretty much won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meloj