Android Auto currently does not work.

tdunn014

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There are multiple complaints about the Oneplus 3T not working correctly with Android auto. This was brought to the manufacturers attention back in December and at this point they have not acknowledged or addressed the issue. There is a 6 page thread on their forums discussing the issue everyone is having.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/android-auto-does-not-work.479503/

It appears to be software related and Oneplus should be able to fix it once they devote resources to the issue.

I really like this phone but already sent mine back for a return and will revisit if they fix the issue. I use Android Auto daily in my vehicle so this feature is important to me.

Just wanted to get the word out there to any potential new buyers who need Android Auto to work.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
From reading other forums for Honda vehicles, I get the impression that CarPlay and Android Auto are not fully baked yet, at least for Hondas. I dunno about other makes. Since I don't have those options available in my vehicles, I cannot put it to the test.

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Android Auto app works well on the phone (I use it). The problem seems to be android auto running on the car. I wouldn't expect OP to acquire cars to test it on. This is where Apple and Samsung will have an advantage with their scale.

I would prefer cars stick to the basics - bluetooth, AM/FM. The fancy stuff doesn't age well. Using Android Auto on the phone is a good option -- now if they could just get Waze integrated...