News Android Auto gives you one less excuse to skip video calls while driving

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I'll find it useful, from the perspective of being able to listen and participate in a Teams audio call/meeting through Android Auto as opposed to having to struggle with such from only the phone speaker.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
My view is that in car touch screens should be totally disabled unless the car is parked up (transmission in Park, handbrake on). A few physical buttons around the screen can be assigned the functionality needed while still on the move and depend on which app is on display including one to cycle through the active apps: Radio, sat-nav, media player etc.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
In most vehicles nowadays, one can't control things except by multi-purpose touchscreen (eg: fan and climate control settings, changing radio band/tuning/volume/pre-sets) for things that used to be straightforward by dedicated knobs and levers/sliders or simple buttons.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Indeed. And my view is that this is a move away from safer driving. With physical controls you can find and operate these without taking your eyes off the road.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Indeed. And my view is that this is a move away from safer driving. With physical controls you can find and operate these without taking your eyes off the road.
I can't disagree with you. Also, about moving away from practically and reliability for easier access of controls. However, all the manufacturers seem to be going with more multi-screen controls. It's almost like if they don't, too many customers will just pick a different model of vehicle that has it, for everyone to want gadgets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali