Android Device Manage only works on WiFi

richlaustx

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have not been able to successfully use ADM to locate my phone except when on WIFI. I think I have all the settings correct but I am obviously missing something.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ensure this setting is set.. It is required on devices 4.1 or higher.

For devices running 4.1 and higher, location access must also be enabled. To turn it on, go to Google Settings > Location > Access location.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

richlaustx

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
OK, I had to come back to give everyone the solution that to the problem I created for myself. It turns out a couple of months ago I had a rogue app that was consuming data in the background.
I uninstalled that app but where I went wrong was under Settings>Data Usage> I Restricted Google Services,checked Restrict Background Data. Un-checking that and restarting my phone and Android Device manage has worked perfectly since. It now seems obvious that thus was the problem but maybe it will help someone else sometime. Cheers!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Oddly for me I have done everything mentioned here and I am unable to locate with ADM. Nothing is blocked and every location service is on.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You aren't using Safestrap, are you? Only the stock slot is available for location services (ADM, AndroidLost, etc.) for some reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24