Android Fan Buying Advice

csweazy

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am new to android central and am looking for some smartphone buying advice. I'm entering college this fall and I am sorely in need of an Android smartphone (always been a fan from a distance with my crappy, old ipod touch/feature phone combo via jailbreaking). I was looking at the Moto X as my savior for an updated Android phone for use on T-Mobile's prepaid plans (cost-wise they work best for me, so an unlocked option is a must). The Moto X looks great (love the color options), and is perfectly suited to my purposes. However, in light of recent news suggesting I won't be able to get my Moto X customized and shipped until November along with a >$500 price tag, I am disappointed.

These details make the Moto X pretty much unfeasible for me. Therefore, I am looking a for a smartphone with the same or better specs to replace it. I have heard Nexus 5 rumours for October, thrown around the idea of just splurging for an HTC One Gogle Play Edition (although soemthing about incompatible bands made me cringe) or simply getting a Nexus 4 and calling it a day.

I'm really looking to spend this money right and will wait if I have to. But honestly I'm torn between the waiting game for either of the above or the buy-now option,

What are your guys thoughts here at Android Central? Advice as a first time smartphone buyer (though note, quite experienced with them just never owned personally)?

All thoughts are appreciated!

csweazy

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Ideally the Moto X wouldn't have exclusivity deals with AT&T so I could do so shortly.

Forgive me for maybe not interpreting the articles right but is it correct that the unlocked version of Moto X on T-Mobiles network has yet to be confirmed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeanetteSchweim