Android Feature Drop today!

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know what it is with Verizon, but I feel bad for folks who live where Verizon is about the only choice.

They do things which seem almost vindictive.

Last edited:
Reactions: dyastrab

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon as well and not thrilled they aren't releasing the update yet......but the last 2 months we have received the update quickly, and T-Mobile was delayed a couple of weeks in October and at least a few days in November. I don't think VZW is any worse at being "slow" some months to approve updates than the other carriers. I guess this is our month to wait. I hesitate to sideload because last time Verizon was late they actually rolled out a specific Verizon edition and I'm not sure what problems that would cause if I installed the generic version.
Verizon adds nothing to the updates. If you do not use their trash 5G network or worthless messaging app, why do you delay your update? Hint: There is no reason. Verizon sucks.

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon adds nothing to the updates. If you do not use their trash 5G network or worthless messaging app, why do you delay your update? Hint: There is no reason. Verizon sucks.
I've had Verizon for over 15 years now. There's a couple small dead zones where I live but otherwise I get great 5g reception, I don't use their messaging app (I use Next SMS) and their customer service has always been spot-on for me. And it definitely doesn't bother me if I have to wait a couple extra days for an update, there's never anything earth-shattering in the updates anyway.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so Verizon may suck for you but not for everyone.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Got mine Friday morning in CT, P8, Mint Mobile.

#1 Granddaughter still doesn’t have it in KS, P6P, Verizon I think.

Addendum: She got it today. (12 Dec 2023)

Last edited:

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my updates on Verizon. As others have said, 352 MB on my P8 Pro and 493 MB on my P7. I was surprised the P7 file was larger. Perhaps some of the features are already baked into the P8 Pro.

Reactions: jamezr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jestina1992