android messages not working on note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I downloaded android messages on my verizon galaxy note 8. The app is very slow and it shows that it is still importing conversations even though all of my conversations are already there. the grayed out conversations are at the bottom of the list. I also tried pulse messaging but the app stops sending SMS and MMS after 5 minutes it becomes useless. any idea how to fix it the only messaging app i can get to work is textra.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
does Samsung messenger work, what about Verizon messages? if none work properly you might have an issue with your phone.

Mattemt294

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
does Samsung messenger work, what about Verizon messages? if none work properly you might have an issue with your phone.

Yea Samsung messager and textra both work fine. Verizon messager is disabled. Just when I switch from textra to any other third party messager they do not work. Even when I uninstall everything else.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yea Samsung messager and textra both work fine. Verizon messager is disabled. Just when I switch from textra to any other third party messager they do not work. Even when I uninstall everything else.
Check your APN settings first, make sure that is set correctly, it should be.
If that doesn't work I would uninstall everything, wipe internal and recovery cache. Then start with whichever stock app is included, that means verizon messages which actually is a decent app. If everything works fine then try textra. If textra then messes up try another app like mood, android messages, pulse or another well known app.