Android newby

kingboarder

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I did it today and switched from an iPad to the Motorola Xoom.
So far, I like it a lot better than the iPad and Honeycomb is just so much more powerful.

However, there are two things that I haven't quite figured out yet:
1. What format do movies have to be in so that they play smoothly?
I tried a couple of files in iPad format H264 720p with a 2350kbps bit rate and it was unwatchable.
Then I tried re-encoding them with handbrake using the normal profile and now they were almost watchable but still quite choppy.....
Have you figured something out? Maybe even a better video playback software?

2. Is there a way to bring my playlists over from itunes?
I know I can just drag and drop the music files over but I almost entirely use playlists so I really need my playlists on the Xoom.

Thank you for your help :)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and android!

There are a couple of threads about video playback on the xoom, I don't think anyone has found the sweet spot yet though.

There are a few sync apps out there, the most popular I believe is double twist.

kingboarder

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC and android!

There are a couple of threads about video playback on the xoom, I don't think anyone has found the sweet spot yet though.

There are a few sync apps out there, the most popular I believe is double twist.

Thanks for your fast reply, I'll keep my eyes on that video thread.
Maybe somebody comes up with the right handbrake settings....

As for double twist: I downloaded it and have it running on my xoom, but my the xoom doesn't appear in double twist on my Mac. It doesn't even come up as an USB drive or something. The only way that I can sync files is using the Android File Transfer application for mac.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randomname09