Android os

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is duplicate.

Can someone explain why android os is the biggest battery eater when idle?

How can we limit this?

I don't have any sync apps running either

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

gmkahuna#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to check and see everything that is running. I was having an issue until I realized that one application (third party) was sucking battery life like crazy. I set it to where it works only when I want it to and I am back to several days of charge before I need to plug it up.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You need to check and see everything that is running. I was having an issue until I realized that one application (third party) was sucking battery life like crazy. I set it to where it works only when I want it to and I am back to several days of charge before I need to plug it up.

Under running applications?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's important to remember that when you look at the Battery Usage stats, it's reported as a percentage, not an absolute. Obviously, the OS will be doing something most of the time the phone is awake, so it will usually be at the top or near the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's inappropriately working, or doing some task that you forgot to turn off. The main way the OS's battery usage would drop as a percentage would be if you were using a lot of other battery-intensive apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel