Android phones and very slow Notifications.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,i do hope you can give me a few answers on this as been going on for ages.
Any Android phone i try gets very slow Notifications,i have tried Galaxy s21 ultra/Xiaomi mi 10t pro 5G. and all the same,they come through so slow,could be a good 30 mins but are there when i unlock the phones and come through in most cases,thats any one from email too ebay/amazon apps.
There on the same network.
But if i put a iphone 12 pro max by them thats instant,i have tried factory reset over and over.
Could there be anything blocking it like wifi as i i tried with it off on phone but not with router off.
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung and Xiaomi are both known for being aggressive about killing apps in the background, in a misguided attempt to improve battery life: https://dontkillmyapp.com/. Try going to the Battery Optimization setting in the system settings for the app in question and change it to Unrestricted. If the system settings have an option for "Memory Optimization" or something similar, make sure the app isn't set to be optimized there either.

Pixels don't have this issue, so that's an option, but I'm guessing you're not in the market to buy yet another phone.;)

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I got to say i did like my s21 ultra a lot but just cant keep missing Notifications.
I still have it,im not a iphone person or fan but no option,i was looking at a cheap google pixel like the pixel 6 pro 5G.
I have tried all the battery setting and still nothing.
Thanks so much for the info,now i know what the problem is as it seems not to let the notification come through.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the system settings to see if there were any optimizations you could turn off? That might be all you need to do.

Another thing to try is to boot into Safe Mode (www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983) and see if the problem still happens. If it doesn't, that would suggest that some 3rd party app you installed is interfering (like a 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" app).

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies,they all help.
Yes tried all the above,i did a reset then just added a few apps that play up and set the battery/apps up like dont sleep etc but still the same.
So is this the same with all you out there with Samsung phones,very slow to receive most Notifications,they are there just like phone wont let them work.
iPhone 12 is instant (sorry but i hate Apple) but not much i can do only next try a Pixel 6 or newer.
Have read that samsung is the worst for killing apps and not letting Notifications through.
Thanks.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, that's great for the info.
What phone are you using, as i need a good 5g/wireless charging etc (camera aint a main thing)just to try.
I just can't understand it as even tried so many SIMs (other networks ),i have done so much deleting/settings and resets on my s21 ultra.
If i had to just pick 2 Apps i would say Amazon/eBay that the Notifications are so so slow,in most cases 30 mins or slightly less compared to iPhone.
The thing i cant get is when i pick my phone up and unlock it there waiting to come through which then goes down to setting but i have tried every setting possible,i cant say this strong enough but any help at all is a great help as im not a iPhone person.
Tried all the sleeping apps/notification setting on phone and apps/battery setting/resets about 5 times/just trying a few apps/lock screen stuff and more.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok here is an update on this problem.
It's nothing to do with phones or setting as even a Google Pixel 5 does the same.
Is this just an Android thing where some notifications are slow or store them until you unlock the phone as iOS don't have this issue.
My friend even has a pixel 6 pro and he said some work and some wait until you unlock phone.
As i said nothing at all to do with any of the setting.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Glimpse Notifications that wakes up the phone and turns the screen on to the lock screen for about 5 seconds showing any new notifications I get. Then goes back to the AOD screen which shows me the icons of the notifications waiting for me.

All actual notifications come instantly with no delay from any source. In fact, emails come in to my phone a few seconds before my PC gets them.

I'm on a Samsung S20 FE. Same response on my prior S9 and S8, and BlackBerry Z10 before that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith