Android tablet showing sdcard missing on startup

increase

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I am running a Meberry tablet with Android 10.

When I boot up I receive 'Sandisk sdcard is missing', then the message 'phone is starting up' then in the desktop the sdcard functions normally without any errors.

I have tried another sdcard with the same result, I then reformatted the card and received the ame sdcard missing message.

If I format the sdcard as a portable storage rather than extended memory, I do not receive the sdcard missing message.

Attached is the log entry for the error
Notification log
10:45 PM
'P Messages is syncing with your device
3 Messages
10:43 PM
"SanDisk SD card missing
Q System UI pkg: com.android. systemui key: -1.com.android. systemui|1397772886d7b85cd8-0afd-4b46-bb0a-c9f89aa9081 a 10120 icon: Icon(typ=RESOURCE pkg=com.android.systemui id=0x01080506) channelId: DSK postTime: 1641419009666 sound: content://settings/system/notification_sound vibrate: none visibility: PUBLIC priority: DEFAULT intent: Intent(pkg=com.android.systemui (activity)) delete intent: Intent(pkg=com.android. systemui) extras
android.title: SanDisk SD card missing android. reduced.images: true android. template: android.app. Notification$BigTextStyle android. text: Insert device again android.substName: Settings android.bigText: Insert device again
android. tv. EXTENSIONS: Bundle[mParcelledData.dataSize=116] parcel size: 1224 ashmem: 0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Probably a bug in the firmware, which would not be surprising in an off-brand device. If the card seems to work ok once the tablet has finished booting, then there's probably nothing for you to do.

I would strongly caution against using an SD card as Internal Storage, especially on that device, though. SD cards are inherently less reliable than onboard memory, and are more prone to crashing or corruption. If the card is being used as Internal Storage (with apps installed to it), this could cause the whole system to crash, leading to significant data loss. I would only use an SD card as Portable Storage, for convenient storage of documents and media (which should also be kept backed up or synced somewhere else safe). In addition, Adoptable Storage might be implemented poorly by the manufacturer (Moto is good example), which could also increase the risk for crashes.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you having any trouble posting a response? You seem to be typing "text" for everything ...