Android Wear 2.0 on the ZenWatch 2

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The last news I've heard is that Android Wear 2.0 will start rolling out on 2/9 and that the ZenWatch 2 is supposed to get it. Does anyone have any definitive news (if not then rumors will do).

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Android Wear 2.0 downloaded to my AT&T GS6 this week. Haven't seen any real changes. Here's a screen shot. I'm assuming this is 2.0 that was being discussed.

Attachments

• 5211.jpg
    5211.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 325

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if related to update but watch is no longer getting through the day. I use to get at least 2.5 days. Now I'm barely getting 12. Checked all my setting and nothing has changed. Noted on Google Play that folks with other watch vendors are saying the same thing about battery drain.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if related to update but watch is no longer getting through the day. I use to get at least 2.5 days. Now I'm barely getting 12. Checked all my setting and nothing has changed. Noted on Google Play that folks with other watch vendors are saying the same thing about battery drain.
I've noticed a definite difference as well but not as much as yours. I had thought the recent update was just the January security update.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When people refer to Android wear 2.0, they're talking about the firmware on the device, not the app version. Zenwatch 2 doesn't have the update yet. The update of the Android wear app could be causing more battery drain though.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
When people refer to Android wear 2.0, they're talking about the firmware on the device, not the app version. Zenwatch 2 doesn't have the update yet. The update of the Android wear app could be causing more battery drain though.

Thanks for that. I was wondering if that was the case. Since restarting my watch my battery drain did go away and I'm back to 2+ days.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's April. Any news? I got some sort of notification about what 2.0 can do for my watch but no actual update. I don't know where the notification came from so I swept it away without opening.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally impatient for 2.0 but I'm still letting you guys go first and waiting to see how it performs before I jump onboard. After reading lots of bad stories from Urbane users etc having crippled watches after the update I really don't want to have the same experience as them. I love my watch too much :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidSmith420