Angry Birds not installing

drums84

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems installing the latest update for Angry Birds. When I select to install it says that there is not enough space to install this item. I have plenty of space on my phone's memory 626MB and 3.91GB on SD card. Anyone else having a problem with this, if so please help.

Thanks

drums84

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the previous version, still not working. I don't want to uninstall and try it again because I will lose all my progress.

joswald76

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Angry Birds not installing (Same issue)

I have the same issue and I have lots of space on both the sd card (1.3 Gig) and 500+ megs in the data. I have angry birds installed on the sd card currently, though it doesn't matter which.

I did uninstall Angry birds once to get Sunday or Saturday's update, and it did install then, but now the same issue happened to todays update.

I do have a low space warning, and I'm not sure where it is, attached are some screen shots of the market and a df command from the terminal.

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have Gigs of free space on cant install. I get the error -18??

Are you getting the error -18 for all download or just Angry Birds? Here's a solution for the error -18 bug.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/58895-market.html#post591771

You may have Gigs of "Free Space," but that is not available for Apps. The internal storage (/emmc if you use a file manager) is not available for installing Apps. There is a special partition to which Apps are stored, I think it says it's "750MB" or around there but really you only have around 500MB to work with. You should get a notification in your bar if you get too low, at which point you may want to move a few apps to SD.

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm surprised I didn't get this fix here on AC. Found this fix on a few different forums. I was a little nervous about trying it but allot of people were saying it works. I did it and indeed it does work problem fixed.

Alright found a fix. I hooked my phone up to my computer, browsed to .android_secure and deleted the file 'smdl2tmp1.asec'. Problem solved.
This fixed my error -18

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felichino