Annoying Motorola Flip Case Update

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else get the Play Store update for the Motorola Flip Case? I got that pending update this afternoon. How annoying and intrusive that they want me to install an app on my device that I don't need unless I have the Motorola Flip Case. The update says "This service enables the following features when using the Motorola Flip Case on a Motorola Droid Turbo." How about putting it in the Play Store and letting ME decide to install it if I bought a Flip Case? I don't think there is any way to hide these updates, so I suppose it will show up on every restart prompting me to update/install? There are already a bunch of reviews panning this app as bloat that is not needed.

Edit: After further review...I did already have this app and it is disabled. Not sure why I got this update. I then enabled the app, then disabled it again and the update disappeared.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I got it too. I had to search to find out what the app does, as it didn't sound familiar.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, I get not wanting bloatware, but, for the sake of everyone else, this is benign and takes up perhaps a dozen or so extra MB of storage. On a 32 GB phone, that's still a small fraction.

Bloatware that actually has a service that runs in the background even if you don't use (hello, Amazon apps) - I get the annoyance. If you never use an app and it has nothing that runs in the background, you're not saving much by disabling it.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, I get not wanting bloatware, but, for the sake of everyone else, this is benign and takes up perhaps a dozen or so extra MB of storage. On a 32 GB phone, that's still a small fraction.

Bloatware that actually has a service that runs in the background even if you don't use (hello, Amazon apps) - I get the annoyance. If you never use an app and it has nothing that runs in the background, you're not saving much by disabling it.

Except that since I disabled it I will no longer get update requests that use my data plan for a phone case that I don't have, and usually updates make the app larger, so it will take more space (although I agree it is small). Just seems odd to send an update to everyone who owns a Turbo specifically for one case. Probably less than 5% have that case. Seems more logical that if you buy that case you go to Google play and get the app that makes it work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris