Anti shake and video stabilization

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone recommend using these? I've read mixed opinions on multiple sites. Do these cause shutter lag or lag when saving videos? I know the video stabilization causes the video to zoom in.

skidoo

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Why dont you test it yourself?
Because he's tired. Or he's running behind. Whatever it is, I think it makes the most sense to assume that this user (with his 2400+ posts) is here in good faith, and not trying to get anything more than a little help from a brother. Or a sister, as the case may be.

That being said, I feel so bad. I got nothing. I haven't used those modes yet! Sorry!

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried video stabilization and found it does help with the handheld jitter. I didn't notice any negative effects for using it.

For the other two previous posters, how is that helpful? If you don't have anything useful to add maybe you could sit back and let someone who does actually try to help. I think we're all here in "good faith", either trying learn more about the phone we have or to help those who are maybe going through something we've already had experience with.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone recommend using these? I've read mixed opinions on multiple sites. Do these cause shutter lag or lag when saving videos? I know the video stabilization causes the video to zoom in.

I haven't really pay attention to posts about these 2 items but I can tell you from my personal experience that both features are really helpful and I've never seen any drawbacks using them.

I have 2 kids (so many pics and videos) and got my GS4 a month ago, but only 2 weeks ago I begun using these features.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I'm currently on vacation and taking a ton of video and pictures but I'm on the run and can't really tell a difference at first glance. Just wanted to know if anyone had any first hand knowledge of the features and knew I'd there was noticeable improvement. For now I think I'll keep them on and see how it goes.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Just keep them on, it'll be just fine.
In my experience with them on, it actually helps.

Enjoy the vacations and enjoy the Galaxy S4! :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!