Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Software On This Phone?...

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are sideloading cracked apps from dodgy app stores (Chinese or otherwise), there is no need for anti-virus apps. You know who thinks you do? Companies that sell anti-virus apps.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The chances of getting a virus on your Android phone are very very slim. So long as you don't download apps from shady sites you won't have a problem. It's objective...some people swear by anti-virus software and others don't. Most of the anti-virus apps also include a way to locate a lost phone and remotely wipe the device. If it makes YOU feel better than certainly use one. I never use anti-virus apps and I have never had an issue.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I remember asking back when I first switched to android was told they do more harm than good. I can't remember exact details but it had something to do with system hog?

Seriously has there been news where android phones were effected?

SHIFT_pro s5

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe it had something to do with using RAM and battery to run in the background. I tried a few and none ever caused any issues.

I remember asking back when I first switched to android was told they do more harm than good. I can't remember exact details but it had something to do with system hog?

Seriously has there been news where android phones were effected?

SHIFT_pro s5

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Check out these articles regarding how unsafe phones running on Android really are.

US government says Android is a malware magnet:
US government says Android is a malware magnet thanks to OS fragmentation | The Verge

Google Play removes apps due to malware:
Google removes 32 apps from Google Play over malware concerns | Android Central

You really signed up to troll with this uneducated post?

Link

Just like every other person who uses these types of articles to strike fear, it seems as if you didn't bother to read them yourself. Please read my links and post so you can educate yourself.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not even Kit Kat has the correct exposed controls for a true Windows-like anti virus software, so there's a limit to what any security apk can manage. I don't even bother. Identify browsers as desktop and avoid all m. , .mobi , and similar crippled trash sites. Always know the source of your apk and be double cautious of anything free. Triple cautious of anything with in app billing or access to calling.

A while back the excuse I heard was if the APIs for anti virus were exposed, someone would just write a virus and market it as a trojan horse....and it would probably be able to block uninstall by closing the network ports for Google remote uninstall.....due to elevated control.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
In four years of using Android phones and two years using an iPhone I've never once used or needed Antivirus software installed. But I'm an IT tech for a living so I'm not some dufuss that clicks links in emails from spammers and such.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I use AVG on my PC and on my S5 and they are not a little app developer :)

Try the free version and see

I liked it as the data use function was better than the standard

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 3 I use McAfee Antivirus. Very well know. And they recently went free. With in app purchases of course :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca