Any app to monitor device resets?

ralvy

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Lately I've been getting device resets on my Evo Shift. I was wondering if there's an app that can run in background that can monitor the device in a way that it can suggest what caused a reset when it happens. Such an app existed in the Palm world and was very helpful.

All I can do now is try to backtrack on what was installed or updated on this device in the last month or so, uninstalling or stopping such apps one at at time. I was just hoping there might be an app that can point me in the right direction.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't know of an app for this. But, out of curiosity, how often are you getting resets? And, how long have you had your phone?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, within some menus, there is a log which states when the device was restarted. Normally, I don't look at this, but it may lead you in the right direction. It has to do with the last battery charge since disconnect. So if for example, you are running a battery app, like maybe a recalibration program, it would keep a log on when the device was disconnected/reconnected. Reboots would be reflected in this, although not specifically stated.

But I wouldn't reccommend any battery apps, as they are pretty much useless. But to keep a record to say, show a support tech how many times the device (connected and reconnected to a charge), it might be useful.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63