Any chances of a 2.3 leak?

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed on the android central home page they mentioned that there was a 2.3 gingerbread leak for the samsung i9000. As i understand it...the original EB01 leak was taken from a leak from another samsung device, and the devs modified it to work on the fascinate. My understanding could be way off, but I thought thats how they did it. So if that is the case, is it possible for the great devs to create a gingerbread leak based off the leak from the i9000?? Once again im not too familiar with how all this stuff works so i could be way off.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've always wondered why we're not part of all the Galaxy S stuff that's released too. It's like our phone just doesn't fit in with all the other Galaxy S line. Could someone explain? In fact - what are all the other Galaxy S phones? Thanks.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I noticed on the android central home page they mentioned that there was a 2.3 gingerbread leak for the samsung i9000. As i understand it...the original EB01 leak was taken from a leak from another samsung device, and the devs modified it to work on the fascinate. My understanding could be way off, but I thought thats how they did it. So if that is the case, is it possible for the great devs to create a gingerbread leak based off the leak from the i9000?? Once again im not too familiar with how all this stuff works so i could be way off.

I think you might be thinking of EB16, which was originally for the Mesmerize. In any event, it's possible we'll end up seeing some sort of custom ROM that's 2.3 based. Unfortunately, pulling an OS from one Galaxy S onto another isn't as easy as a lot of people might think because of the variations in hardware.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
From what info I could gather, this leak is not a great candidate to be ported over to our phones. Its not release-ready even for the device its coded for, so you'd be fixing the actual build at the same time as trying to port it over.

I think the positive things here are that it shows Samsung is actually working on it (haven't given up on this round of phones), and there may be some pieces that will help the Cyanogenmod guys.

These are just my impressions. See what others think too.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

EB01 was a leak of Froyo for the Fascinate, so no modifying it to work on our Fascinate, it IS for our Fascinate. DL30 was the first Froyo leak and ALSO was a build specific for our Fascinates. The leak that was not for our Fascinates was EB16 which is the Froyo leak for the US Cellular Mesmerize. Both the Fascinate and the Mesmerize are Samsung SCH-I500 phones, so that's why the devs were able to take parts of EB16 and mash them with parts of EB01 to give us Superclean 2.5 and 2.6 ROMs. i9000 is the international Fascinate and several people have seriously bricked their phones by accidentally putting i9000 software on their US Fascinates.
Besides all that, we just got the Froyo leaks. So Gingerbread should be the furthest thing from your mind right now. DL30, the first Froyo build leaked for your Fascinates was just released to us in early January, and we just got EB01 like February 8 or so. People were complaining about not having Froyo for so long, and now that we just got Froyo people are already asking for Gingerbread. Verizon originally speculated we would get the official Froyo release before the end of 2010, and here we are in March, 2011 and still don't have an official release. Learn form this Froyo experience as to how long it will take Samsung and Verizon to roll new OS builds out to us. We are still less than a month removed from the leak of what we know to be the most recent Froyo build for our phones, so enjoy what this leak offers and put Gingerbread out of your mind for the time being.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be thinking of EB16, which was originally for the Mesmerize. In any event, it's possible we'll end up seeing some sort of custom ROM that's 2.3 based. Unfortunately, pulling an OS from one Galaxy S onto another isn't as easy as a lot of people might think because of the variations in hardware.

I wasnt planning on flashing another phones rom on my phone lol i dont want a brick but thanks your explanation really helps. Hopefully we will see something soon. I was just thinking how cool it would be to have 2.3 before the official 2.2 is even released and thought maybe this was a way to make it happen. Thanks.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
EB01 was a leak of Froyo for the Fascinate, so no modifying it to work on our Fascinate, it IS for our Fascinate. DL30 was the first Froyo leak and ALSO was a build specific for our Fascinates. The leak that was not for our Fascinates was EB16 which is the Froyo leak for the US Cellular Mesmerize. Both the Fascinate and the Mesmerize are Samsung SCH-I500 phones, so that's why the devs were able to take parts of EB16 and mash them with parts of EB01 to give us Superclean 2.5 and 2.6 ROMs. i9000 is the international Fascinate and several people have seriously bricked their phones by accidentally putting i9000 software on their US Fascinates.
Besides all that, we just got the Froyo leaks. So Gingerbread should be the furthest thing from your mind right now. DL30, the first Froyo build leaked for your Fascinates was just released to us in early January, and we just got EB01 like February 8 or so. People were complaining about not having Froyo for so long, and now that we just got Froyo people are already asking for Gingerbread. Verizon originally speculated we would get the official Froyo release before the end of 2010, and here we are in March, 2011 and still don't have an official release. Learn form this Froyo experience as to how long it will take Samsung and Verizon to roll new OS builds out to us. We are still less than a month removed from the leak of what we know to be the most recent Froyo build for our phones, so enjoy what this leak offers and put Gingerbread out of your mind for the time being.

I know i understand and dont get me wrong i am super happy with my froyo build. It was just a curiosity of mine. Im trying to learn more about all this stuff as well so your explanation helped in me understanding how all these wonderful ROMS are developed...but in no way am i disatisfied with the froyo build i am enjoying it thoroughly :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burrito-of-Peace