any easy way to turn ring on, all other notifications off?

BBtoB

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Blackberry, and the one thing i loved about it was that it was easy to control all of the volumes. Is there anyway to have the ringer stay on, while silencing everything else (for when I go to bed) with just a click of a button?
Thanks

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Check out MyProfiles in the Android Market.
I came from BlackBerry a while back, and this is what made me feel right at home.
I was also trying to find a way to use a Phone Only setting, which is missing in Android.
I was able to easily do this using this app.

BBtoB

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Awesome...thanks!! This is probably better then the BB bc I wont have to worry about setting my phone to vibrate anymore while at work. Thanks again

idefiler6

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Sounds > Volume: Check the box to keep notifications separate.

You can then use a power control widget like Extended Controls to have volume control right on your home screen.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I just did a search in the Market for a Program called "My Profiles" and could not find it. Who makes this program and what is the exact name of it? Please

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just did a search in the Market for a Program called "My Profiles" and could not find it. Who makes this program and what is the exact name of it? Please

It's all one word.
"MyProfiles"
It's by Fancy01 Inc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Audio manager is great too. You can set profiles, and set a schedule for them to automatically switch. It isn't free, but its awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX

BBtoB

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Audio manager is great too. You can set profiles, and set a schedule for them to automatically switch. It isn't free, but its awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX

MyProfiles does this too and it's free. I like the fact that I can see what setting it is on in the notification bar and easily change it. It's also great that you can program it to go from one setting to another depending on the day/time. Lastly, each profile you create controls the wifi and bluetooth so I don't have to worry about forgetting about them, leaving them on, and causing the battery to drain faster. Highly recommend this app, will probably purchase the upgrade one soon.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
MyProfiles does this too and it's free. I like the fact that I can see what setting it is on in the notification bar and easily change it. It's also great that you can program it to go from one setting to another depending on the day/time. Lastly, each profile you create controls the wifi and bluetooth so I don't have to worry about forgetting about them, leaving them on, and causing the battery to drain faster. Highly recommend this app, will probably purchase the upgrade one soon.

I currently have or previously had some of the ones mentioned.
I agree, MyProfiles is one of the best.
It can control volume, vibrate, screen brightness, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
You can set profiles for work, home, car mode, sleep mode, etc.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
There is an app called "bedside" which will accomplish the "phone only" mode from blackberry. I use it all the time so I can still get important/emergency phone calls if I'm sleeping or something, but don't need to hear the constant notifications for emails/drunk texts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance