Any evo lte owners in Houston?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Any evo lte owners that live In Houston wanna share their evo experiences....3g, 4g (if it exists here yet), etc...

Sent from my eVo LTE

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im in the galleria, memorial park area. No 4g here but my 3g is intermittent. when i drive up/down 610, it cuts off and especially when im in my home it cuts off. Did i get a bad device?....hope not!

how is battery life for you all? Did any of you all root your device yet?

btw, where did you all pickup your device?

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Im in the galleria, memorial park area. No 4g here but my 3g is intermittent. when i drive up/down 610, it cuts off and especially when im in my home it cuts off. Did i get a bad device?....hope not!

how is battery life for you all? Did any of you all root your device yet?

btw, where did you all pickup your device?

I work in the Westchase area and my 3G has been cutting in and out all day. Pretty annoyed about it at this point too. I was in Jacksonville Florida all weekend and even with the tropical depression 3G speeds there were really good there. Hoping it is a temporary problem.

Outside of the service issue today I am loving the phone. Battery life is really nice so far. Did not root (yet)

Got my phone from Best Buy

Last edited:

robwalte

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was driving up Highway 6 from Sugar Land this morning to Westheimer and had horrible speeds. Google Maps wouldn't refresh or even add traffic. It was bad all the way to Eldridge/Briar Forest.

But, to contrast, 3g speeds seem to be better in my office than before.

bgaskamp

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Live in West Houston and work in Westchase area as well. Phone cuts in and out of
3g service to the point I thought I had a bad phone. Interesting people are having the same issue as I was about to ask for a replacement.

Battery life is great and ordered online at Sprint

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
3G has been spotty for me as well. Of course it was never great with my OG Evo, SGSII or iPhone either. Batterly life, on the other hand, has been great. I have rooted, but still running the stock ROM.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
3G has been spotty for me as well. Of course it was never great with my OG Evo, SGSII or iPhone either. Batterly life, on the other hand, has been great. I have rooted, but still running the stock ROM.

when you rooted, did you do any special modifications to increase the battery life? Im fairle new to the android game so forgive me if this is a dumb Q.

care to send instructions on how you rooted?

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I used the method described in the sticky in the Rooting subforum here. I have not done anything special to increase battery life. I'm not sure anything really needs to be done. With light usage I went 24 hours and still had 68% left. Today with moderate usage I went 13 hours and still had 70% left.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the method described in the sticky in the Rooting subforum here. I have not done anything special to increase battery life. I'm not sure anything really needs to be done. With light usage I went 24 hours and still had 68% left. Today with moderate usage I went 13 hours and still had 70% left.

I think i got a defective phone or something. The only thing i can think of is that i have the ESPN app and turned on the notifications. I dont use live wallpaper although i wish. SO no other syncing that i know of.

fatboy#AC

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
My 3G is super horrible! My phone is constantly going into data roam. I did catch 4G for about a minute on the Hardy and BW8 today.

4c1eb8cf-e82f-63f0.jpg

guerolonghorn

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm at I-10 near Antoine, no LTE so far. I've had it a week now. 3G speeds are improved over my kids Epic Touch and Photon. Battery is amazing. There's a new PRL available as well.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm at I-10 near Antoine, no LTE so far. I've had it a week now. 3G speeds are improved over my kids Epic Touch and Photon. Battery is amazing. There's a new PRL available as well.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

There's a system update but not prl for me. Btw, these system updates updates automatically right? Any way you can set to manual update?

Sent from my eVo LTE