Any idea why my S22 Ultra S Pen won't open keyboard in Verizon messages plus?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What keyboard app are you using?

I don't have Verizon Messages, but I'm writing this post using the S Pen and SwiftKey.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

JadkInc

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
I am the one that posted this question. I was not signed in when I posted it.
I've been using the SPen for every app, including Verizon Messages plus since I got the phone last year. After this last update on March 1st, only the Verizon Messages plus won't open the keyboard. I use the SwiftKey keyboard, but have tried all of them, and none of the keyboards open in this app.
If I touch the message line with my finger, the keyboard will open and then I can use the SPen to swipe.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a device from Verizon or a factory unlocked device from Samsung?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

JadkInc

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
A device from Verizon.
Everything has working perfectly, including the Verizon Messages plus app since I got the S22 Ultra last year. The, when Samsung did the last update on my phone on March 1st, the keyboard stopped opening when I go to type in the app, so I have to touch it with my finger to bring up the keyboard then I can use the pen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I'm. Not clear on what you mean by "Spen opens keyboard in every app" ? How ?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

JadkInc

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
As soon as I tap touch the area where I need to type/text in any app, email, this thread, internet, etc., the keyboard automatically is displayed at the bottom so I can proceed. After the last Samsung update, I cannot get the keyboard to display in Verizon Messages plus unless I use my finger to activate the keyboard, then I can swipe/type.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As soon as I tap touch the area where I need to type/text in any app, email, this thread, internet, etc., the keyboard automatically is displayed at the bottom so I can proceed. After the last Samsung update, I cannot get the keyboard to display in Verizon Messages plus unless I use my finger to activate the keyboard, then I can swipe/type.
Ok thanks understand now , give me until later I'll download Verizon+ message app and test it out on my s23u

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Tried this on my s22ultra from Verizon and had the same issue with Verizon Messages plus. Never used that feature before, but it does work in Facebook and Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Verizon Messages+ on my S22U. If you tap the pen somewhere in the middle of the "Type a message..." box, it will not pop up the keyboard. But if you tap the pen on the left end of the box where the cursor is blinking, it will pop it up so you can type. At least it does for me.

JadkInc

Mar 18, 2023
Visit site
I use Verizon Messages+ on my S22U. If you tap the pen somewhere in the middle of the "Type a message..." box, it will not pop up the keyboard. But if you tap the pen on the left end of the box where the cursor is blinking, it will pop it up so you can type. At least it does for me.
I just tried tapping on the left side where the cursor is blinking, nothing I do with the S pen will open the keyboard.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23