Any point in reporting poor signal to Verizon?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any point in telling Verizon about areas with little to no signal? I mean consistently little or nothing. Do they care or do anything with the info?

If yes, do you call them or do they have a web site?

Thanks.

...Sent from my Tab

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Verizon just agreed to let me out of my contract due to the loss of signal at my home of 6 years. They have checked my area several times and said nothing could be done. I think it worth reporting in case it can be fixed.

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
They seem quite responsive and will do what they can to resolve the issue.

I got the thunderbolt at its release and I am in an area which was supposed to get 4G, but no joy. I called *611 and reported the issue. Verizon said I was in a fringe area and even though their site said I should get 4G I couldn't right then. They said they would work on the issue.

About a month later they called and asked me to check 4G again....Yes, 2 bars and its been working ever since, including with the rezound.

Its definetely worth reporting to Verizon and I believe if it can be fixed they will.

B

budmonster

Are many Rezound users reporting slow 4G speeds? I'm about to make the switch from the GNEX but don't want to if I'm going to receive that same speeds. If I can get faster speeds on my Rezound, I'm going to make the jump. I'm averaging only 7mbps down and 4mbps up which I think is horrendous for a new 4G phone, as well as for any 4G for the matter.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Are many Rezound users reporting slow 4G speeds? I'm about to make the switch from the GNEX but don't want to if I'm going to receive that same speeds. If I can get faster speeds on my Rezound, I'm going to make the jump. I'm averaging only 7mbps down and 4mbps up which I think is horrendous for a new 4G phone, as well as for any 4G for the matter.

I don't want to hijack my own thread here but... Testing it right now with just 2 bars across three runs, my average is:

DOWN: 10359 kbps / 10.359 mbps
UP: 1934 kbps / 1.934 mbps

Personally, I think this is more of a Verizon issue, not the phone. The download speed (important!) here is quite a bit faster than yours but this could be your area vs. my area. I wouldn't necessarily pick a phone based on this unless there were known issues (are there?).

If you read other threads, you'll see that I am heavily biased toward the Rezound over the GN. To each his own, though.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any point in telling Verizon about areas with little to no signal? I mean consistently little or nothing. Do they care or do anything with the info?

Thanks.

...Sent from my Tab

I don't know what region you're in but many customers in fringe areas use network extenders. Have you considered that? Have you mapped the signal sources around you to see which resource(s) your phone is utilizing for connectivity? If you'd like to troubleshoot you could do that yourself. More importantly, though as it's been said, call them, there is no downside on informing them. In fact, it's foolish not to notify them. You shell out alotta money every month putting food on their tables. Big Red has a ton of employees, give them something to do to justify your monthly bill. Everyone who has issues should contact them, especially those who aren't in strong or weak coverage areas. If they don't get complaints from regional area on their network. They just might think reception is honky-dorey and overlook strengthening coverage there cuz they give precedence to a higher volume area. Turn it up to 11 and get some answers, if they have 'em, they'll share 'em.

B

budmonster

I don't want to hijack my own thread here but... Testing it right now with just 2 bars across three runs, my average is:

DOWN: 10359 kbps / 10.359 mbps
UP: 1934 kbps / 1.934 mbps

Personally, I think this is more of a Verizon issue, not the phone. The download speed (important!) here is quite a bit faster than yours but this could be your area vs. my area. I wouldn't necessarily pick a phone based on this unless there were known issues (are there?).

If you read other threads, you'll see that I am heavily biased toward the Rezound over the GN. To each his own, though.

All I know is I'm getting 1 bar on 4G, roughly 8mbps down and 4mbps up (-108db strength), took a test tonight. I don't know what VZW LTE advertises speeds are, I'm going to call Verizon today. I do have dropped calls, never had that problem on my DX. Maybe I'm just nitpicking or just reading to much internet crap but I dropped a lot of money for a phone, just want to get the best out of it. If I where to get a Rezound and know for sure it would fix my data problems that would be great. I guess all I can do is order one and compare both phones, only problem is that VZW says I have to pay the $299 for the Rezound, ship the GNEX back once I get the Rezound, then I'll get credited back. I don't like that at all, especially being a long time customer but I guess thats my only choice. LOL, I'll be extremely angry if I do switch for a Rezound and then find out its just my location and I get the same signal strength on both phones, thats my luck recently.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what region you're in but many customers in fringe areas use network extenders. Have you considered that? Have you mapped the signal sources around you to see which resource(s) your phone is utilizing for connectivity? If you'd like to troubleshoot you could do that yourself. More importantly, though as it's been said, call them, there is no downside on informing them. In fact, it's foolish not to notify them. You shell out alotta money every month putting food on their tables. Big Red has a ton of employees, give them something to do to justify your monthly bill. Everyone who has issues should contact them, especially those who aren't in strong or weak coverage areas. If they don't get complaints from regional area on their network. They just might think reception is honky-dorey and overlook strengthening coverage there cuz they give precedence to a higher volume area. Turn it up to 11 and get some answers, if they have 'em, they'll share 'em.

Oh yes, please call VZ and let them sell you an appliance for $$ per month that will extend your and your neighbors cell phone network through your router so they won't have to bother with upgrading their network in your area. They can just get more money from you instead.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and sent an email to Verizon with some intersections to indicate the dead areas. They called me back but I was in a movie so I missed it. They left a detailed message and followed up with a detailed email. Unfortunately, there are lots of things to try including a battery pull... blah blah. Since I am not in the area, I can't do the troubleshooting procedure until I go back next month.

I am impressed that Verizon took me seriously though.

...Sent from my Tab

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I went from Gnex to Rezound and the latter kills the Gnex in signal strength, reliability and speed whether it be 3g or 4g. But I live in a poor signal area.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've struggled with a virtually nonexistent phone reception inside my house for years, on different phones, on AT&T, on US Cellular, and on Verizon. Finally, when I got my Rezound, I cajoled and argued them into shipping me their Network Extender for free. Yes, it took quite a bit of arguing at different levels of TS, but I got it in the end. I now have four bars in my sub-basement where I used to have none.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've struggled with a virtually nonexistent phone reception inside my house for years, on different phones, on AT&T, on US Cellular, and on Verizon. Finally, when I got my Rezound, I cajoled and argued them into shipping me their Network Extender for free. Yes, it took quite a bit of arguing at different levels of TS, but I got it in the end. I now have four bars in my sub-basement where I used to have none.

Do you know how much they charge for this device? Does it extend data and voice?

...Sent from my Tab

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
That is outrageous! But congratulations on getting a free one!

...Sent from my Tab

I agree that it's outrageous to pay, for years, for a string of phones, none of which ever worked in my house. But we pay for unstable hotspot and for disappearing data connection.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
$249.99. I was concerned about the phone reception. VZW claims it boosts data coverage, too.

Set Your Location

In my wildest dreams, I never thought they would price that thing @ $249.99. That is downright absurd. They should provide those things to people in weak coverage areas cheap. It's not a consumers fault they live in areas Verizon has lollygagged at bringing coverage to. I hope the FCC starts keeping an eye out for bigger issues, than charging $2 fees.

buddy kuz

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been fighting them for years they say that you're in a in an extended service 4G area may be if I climb a pine tree on a clear day

Rat1Zillion

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Probably not. Verizon Wireless has horrible customer service as far as responding to coverage complaints.

Almost 2 years since 4g went live in 38464 and killed our good coverage, coverage is still horrible. Dropped calls, long stretches of 4-lane US highways and interstates with no coverage, etc. VZW has now said that they had no intention of fixing the coverage that they screwed with this botched 4g "upgrade". Not sure how losing a ton of coverage and gaining a bunch of dropped calls is an upgrade but...

We have filed dozens of coverage complaints with VZW. VZW acknowledges that the new system isn't working properly but pointedly tell us that they aren't going to do anything about it.

I have filed complaints online, via twitter, via phone and written. Platitudes are all we get.

Thanks.

...Sent from my Tab

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards