Any quick keys for emotions (like happy / sad faces)

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have searched this forum and can't seem to find the answer to my question. I can seem to find a way to quickly get type the various emotions (smiley face, sad, confused, etc) on this phone. When I had a Samsung Epic with the dedicated keyboard it had a dedicated icon. I know how to type a few of these but enough of them. What are other people using to get around this? Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

I did try searching this forum before posting this question and couldn't find anything that helped. I also looked at the Sense 4 tutorial and didn't see anything there. If I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This.. And ? marks. For swype you can do punctuation quickly by swiping the punctuation mark and sliding to space, but I don't know how to do something quickly with the sense keyboard, and I like having the typing and swiping option on sense vs swype, because swype is kinda annoying most of the time and makes really dumb decisions VERY often.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Thumb Keyboard. It has a dedicated emoticon button that you long press and you can choose which one you want to use.

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just found the answer to my question. when you are typing (like a text), there is a menu (3 vertical dots) at the top right hand corner of the screen. select that & it gives you the option to insert smiley... :D not responding via my phone or I would include a screen shot.

couragedragon

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I just found out how on the Sense Keyboard. If you hit the Symbols/Numbers button, and then go to the 2nd page (1/2 button, to the right of the "keyboard" button) there are dedicated Emotion buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BernhardDieter